SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going but for anyone wanting to go to the Peak 2013 entry deadlne is quickly approaching. Happy to share any information I can for those desiring to to go. Been 3 times, with the last time getting a week long stay and taste of the health care system. I got all the bases covered for info if you need it.

Cheers
Chris

If you never done it but have the desire it is the best time racing I have EVER had and I have raced a bit over the years. Sadly last year did it in for me, I think?

250 - 450 - Open SM - all stand good chances in there respective classes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm not going but for anyone wanting to go to the Peak 2013 entry deadlne is quickly approaching. Happy to share any information I can for those desiring to to go. Been 3 times, with the last time getting a week long stay and taste of the health care system. I got all the bases covered for info if you need it.

Cheers
Chris

If you never done it but have the desire it is the best time racing I have EVER had and I have raced a bit over the years. Sadly last year did it in for me, I think?

250 - 450 - Open SM - all stand good chances in there respective classes.
Amen. Deadline is January 14th!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also more than happy to help anyone out. I'm local too.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Now that it is fully paved, do you guys think that it has reduced the difficulty? Do you think someone with less experience could run the course than what was needed when it was a mixed surface event?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Now that it is fully paved, do you guys think that it has reduced the difficulty? Do you think someone with less experience could run the course than what was needed when it was a mixed surface event?
I guess you could say that is is somewhat easier (I always sucked at flat tracking) but speeds are higher so danger is increased. I'm not sure what you mean by "less experienced" but you probably won't be invited if you don't have significant expert level pavement experience.

·
Registered
248 Posts
degree of difficulty?

I would have to say the difficulty and danger level has maybe gone up exponentially with the speed. The big issues are the course got way narrower and way faster at the same time. In the past when you ran wide you still went from dirt (with dirt speed) to more dirt ( or AIR), now if you run too wide you go to dirt with pavement speeds (and pavement tires).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just registered. How long do we usually wait to hear if we're invited or not?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just registered. How long do we usually wait to hear if we're invited or not?
This is the first time that they have saved up all the entries and announced invitation all at once so I don't know for sure. I would expect something in the next few days but maybe a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
holy crap if i was anywhere near the area i would definitely hit up that 250 class.

hell i would register and then go find a 250 somewhere! sounds awesome! less so minus the dirt section, but still Id love to make it out there someday, if only to watch.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Damn only 3 people in 250? That sucks! Wonder what the 450 class will look like this year. Last year it was pretty damn big.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn only 3 people in 250? That sucks! Wonder what the 450 class will look like this year. Last year it was pretty damn big.

Sounds like a podium finish should be possible for you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm told there are now 5 in the 250 class. We only need one more. They are willing to extend the entry deadline for anyone wanting to enter the 250 class.

nsh29- Sign up! You can make arrangements to get here. I'll can probably hook you up with a place to stay and/or a garage for race HQ. My buddy and I host a group all the way from Italy! Nothin to it but to do it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
nsh29- Sign up! You can make arrangements to get here. I'll can probably hook you up with a place to stay and/or a garage for race HQ.
Still doesn't solve the bike problem. Is anybody up there selling a 250? If it means the difference between having the 250 class or not, I'd be willing to buy a bike and let someone ride it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Still doesn't solve the bike problem. Is anybody up there selling a 250? If it means the difference between having the 250 class or not, I'd be willing to buy a bike and let someone ride it.
Wow! That's generous! But why don't you come down and ride it yourself? I'm actually selling my 2007 YZ 250f. You could fly in like a boss, race it and then I can ship it home.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I already applied for the 450 class. Will they let me run 2 classes?

·
Registered
260 Posts
How much are you asking for your YZ and what does it need? Do you know anybody that would race it? I'd hate to see the class not happen due to lack of entries.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys,
I've been wanting to run Pikes for a while now, and the type of support being discussed here would certainly help make it possible for me. However, I'm not sure a four-stroke will be competitive...any thoughts? I'll be contacting PPIHC staff shortly as well as trying to round up a two-smoke.
Cheers
Steve Marty

1 - 20 of 35 Posts