SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup: PIcture of the new bike '05 drz400sm 500 miles on it, nipples still on the tires, got her for $4000, just stock right now but many mods already on order, hand guards, edge tail light, graphics, smaller mirror, cyclopes head light and new plastics all on order, full yoshi system on the wish list for right now..... its gunna be awsome!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i got it local...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what PLAStics are you putting on? and graphics?
Acerbis plastics, and right now im just gunna throw some n-style graphics, but im trying to get a set of monster energy but i can find them for the drz anywhere, if you know of any let me know.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats. I just helped a buddy with his DRZ400SM this weekend. We re-jetted the carb, did the 3X3 air box mod, removed the smog and opened up the stock can. It is a completely different animal now. It runs much better and stronger. This is the right place to get ideas and advise for the new bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats. I just helped a buddy with his DRZ400SM this weekend. We re-jetted the carb, did the 3X3 air box mod, removed the smog and opened up the stock can. It is a completely different animal now. It runs much better and stronger. This is the right place to get ideas and advise for the new bike. Good luck.
hey man thanks, is it cool if i pm ya in the future for some tips on the airbox mod, and the smog stuff. not to many sumo riders in this area so its hard to get tips and all the little insides like that around here...... later

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
hey man thanks, is it cool if i pm ya in the future for some tips on the airbox mod, and the smog stuff. not to many sumo riders in this area so its hard to get tips and all the little insides like that around here...... later
No problem. Go ahead and pm me. We actually found all the mod info/pictures on SMJ. I can walk you through them if needed. All of the mods were real easy.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

You said nipples. :laughingr jk

Anyways $4k is a steal for the SM model, much less one with only 500 miles! Congrats!!!
Have you got much seat time in yet? Also if you're doing the 3x3 mod there are a couple videos running around on youtube that show the step by step process for it. The good news is about the drz is that there are plenty of aftermarket goodies that fit it, and if something breaks you can replace it with a good used piece cheap off ebay or elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts