SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha. Yea i know.
First of all, I do not have a weird "tall guy" fetish.

Just wanna see how people look on their bikes.. Im about 6' 3" myself.. Thinking of getting a 525 exc, 610 sm or a SXV. Anyone know which bike would be the best for me?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'll have to post a picture next week, but I can say this. I'm 6'2" and I get a lot of people asking me if I'm riding a mini when they see pictures. The only bike that I've ridden that doesn't get that comment is a Goldwing!

Get the bike you feel the best about, then make it fit you, not the other way around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!
I guess they say something else when you pass them :)
Yeah, I have to agree but right now I just dont know which one of those I want.. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
if you're going to do more than street riding, you'll need to get bar risers and taller seat foam to be comfortable on any of those bikes...

here's a few funny pictures of me at 6'5", that show the problem of riding bikes in stock form :D

... at the time, i didn't have the money to set up the exc properly for my height. the honda and kawi are loaners so i didn't bother :thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asf

That doesnt look too bad imo.. I just dont understand why they make these bikes for midgets?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not as much of a gigantor as some of yoos... but I still get the monkey/football comments...

6'1" 200lbs.

·
Registered
419 Posts
asf

That doesnt look too bad imo.. I just dont understand why they make these bikes for midgets?

Well remember that is a 600 dirtbike, so it is on the larger(est?) end of the thumper sumo spectrum. I have riddent a 590 around a parking lot and it felt pretty comfortable too. The XR is perfect for my size and riding, but when I ride agressively and tuck up front, the bike gets very cramped for me. I would be nice if I could move the pegs down and back an inch.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well remember that is a 600 dirtbike, so it is on the larger(est?) end of the thumper sumo spectrum. I have riddent a 590 around a parking lot and it felt pretty comfortable too. The XR is perfect for my size and riding, but when I ride agressively and tuck up front, the bike gets very cramped for me. I would be nice if I could move the pegs down and back an inch.
That's what Fastway pegs do in the "low-boy" position. Lower and further back. Cant remember if its half an inch or a full inch.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i am 6.5.....

here is me...:thumbup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's what Fastway pegs do in the "low-boy" position. Lower and further back. Cant remember if its half an inch or a full inch.
Interesting, what's the difference between the F3, F4, F5, etc.. .lineup. Their website is useless.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you haven't had enough from the XR mafia, here's the infamous Scott Summers with his XR600

1 - 20 of 69 Posts