SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up the new 610 I'v ebeen talking about for awhile on Saturday. Big thanks go out to Eli [SKinnyE] for volunteering his truck as honorary tow pig! Otherwise, I would have had to ride it back from Mt. Sterling, KY; which isn't a big deal, but I'm much happier I got to go through it and set it up before I went out on it.

Here's some pics from the weekend:

Yours truely- yes ladies, it's true.. I'm single ;)

Loaded up and ready to head home

Notice all teh emissions garbage in front of the brake pedal? It seemed to have fallen off on the ride home. Weird. I'm gonna go hug a tree right now, to make up for it..

Here's some random shots of the bike, and its big sister:

Notice the lack of emission crap :)

Think she'll get jealous of the new girl? :)

What shall I ride today? Hmm...

My Dad and I rode a bit over 200 miles this weekend, and had a total blast. I'm hooked on the 610- it's insanely fun. The 610's no drag bike- as it sits now, de-emissioned, it's a bit slower than my Dad's Buell XB12, but it will out-handle anything you're gonna run across out on the street, short of another sumo. It's so much damn fun! I haven't had such a rush riding a bike since my GNCC days.

Immediate mods are some axle sliders front and rear, and some zeta handguards w/ integrated LED blinkers. My Dad and I are gonna gut the stock exhaust and rejet soon, but that's about it for now. It doesn't need a whole lot, it's allready stupid fast in the turns!

If you're at all considering a sumo bike- DO IT!! You will NOT be dissapointed! Come riding with my Dad and I sometime, and try to keep up! :)

Again, thanks to my Dad for helping get all the emission crap and other random garage off the bike, and my buddy Eli for all the help delivering the bike this weekend!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Notice all teh emissions garbage in front of the brake pedal? It seemed to have fallen off on the ride home. Weird. I'm gonna go hug a tree right now, to make up for it..

Immediate mods are some axle sliders front and rear, and some zeta handguards w/ integrated LED blinkers. My Dad and I are gonna gut the stock exhaust and rejet soon, but that's about it for now. It doesn't need a whole lot, it's allready stupid fast in the turns!
Nice bike! Hows this bike feel compared to the KTM?

It's a shame when the emissions stuff falls off like that. Especially on a new bike, you wouldn't expect stuff to fall off so easily. It's almost like the factory designed to do that, what a damn shame.

You need to add cleaning up the tail to the immediate mod list :thumbup:. A hacksaw will help some for the time being.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 950 feels HUGE compared to the 610. The 610 is also slower than christmas in a straight line compared to the 950. Seriously. You could have the 950 vs teh 610 in a straight line drag, and give the 610 a 2 second head start, and I bet the 950 would still beat it in the 1/4 mile. But- outright power, and a comfy seat are the only places where the 950 beats the 610. The little bike will drastically outhandle and outbrake the 950 all day long.

I love them both though- I've got it pretty rough, having to pick between those two bikes to ride every day.. hehe. ;)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Snarf,
Congrats dude, nice stable mates. What does the 610 weigh and the hp? You're so right about the 950 It's alot a work slowing down 450 angry lbs of beast over and over in the really tight stuff. And then as much as you know you could turn in ALOT harder with no problem the damn foot pegs won't have anything to do with it. But in the semi tight stuff in between the 950 just flippin checks out. You're lucky to have two to pick from, that's a really tough one, I guess it depends where yer going.

Great you get to ride your dad. Here's a recent shot of me and my son.
Be safe out there
GOTA RID

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
nice man!! i really hope you know what you are getting yourself into here with that bike...
if ya need any help with anything there are plenty of dudes around here with more answers you can handle.

tear it up man!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snarf,
Congrats dude, nice stable mates. What does the 610 weigh and the hp? You're so right about the 950 It's alot a work slowing down 450 angry lbs of beast over and over in the really tight stuff. And then as much as you know you could turn in ALOT harder with no problem the damn foot pegs won't have anything to do with it. But in the semi tight stuff in between the 950 just flippin checks out. You're lucky to have two to pick from, that's a really tough one, I guess it depends where yer going.

Great you get to ride your dad. Here's a recent shot of me and my son.
Be safe out there
GOTA RID
Yeah you're right- as soon as the road opens up a bit, the 950 is flat out gone... Its insane how fast those things are. Mines been de-canned. de-SAS'd, LV'd, 16T and rejetted, and holy momma what a difference that makes.

The 610 weighs in at about 305 now, with all the junk taken off of it last weekend, and I'm guessing its making 46-48 hp at the wheel. They're rated at 50, taking the emissions off definetly helped the power out a decent bit everywhere... so yeah, 46-48 is prolly a pretty close guess.

The 610 might as well be 200 lbs, it feels so crazy light after hopping off fthe 950. I agree with you about the pegs.. I've touched mine down once- and that was enough reason for me to not do it again! :)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Nice looking stable there Snarf, you're gonna love the 610 so much more after all the mods.

Nothing better than father and son riding either. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts