SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 wr400 its been converted to a dual sport. i'm gonna convert it to a motard!
he doesnt know the miles on it but is $1600 too much? i've got him down from $1800. it sounds great and looks good, i havent ridden it yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Holy crap, dude! First non-Harley, eh? You are in for more fun than you know what to do with. Go for it!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Id say its worth between 1300-1700, would be a fair price. Looks like its in good shape, clean and not beat up. Good Luck

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought it!! now to start customizin it. this is the first dirtbikeish bike i have ever owned so i'm sure i will be asking some pretty dumb questions. is there a way to lower it maybe 2-3" without changing the forks? i see how its achieved in the rear just curious up front. its also way too soft but i see how to do that.

thanks guys heres another pic

·
Registered
544 Posts
Some guys dont really like the method below but ive done it on my freestyle bikes.

loosen the clamps and slide the forks up. 2-3 inches shouldn't really matter as long as you dont have any instruments in the way.

Oh yea make sure by lowering the front, the case doesn't bottom out when you come down.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i think i'm just going to lower the rear. after thinking about it with the 17"s the front will be much lower with the difference between the 21" and 17" rim compared to the 18" to 17" rear.

oh btw i ordered wheels and 320mm brakes last night!! :bannana:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Boink* :damn:i forgot you were still running the stockers. You should see a noticeable difference going from the 21" to the 17" in the front.

Those new brakes are going to be unreal compared to the stockers as well!

Cant wait to see the upcoming mods. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
316 Posts
...lowering it? :headscrat

this isnt a harley, its designed for ground clearance, not making a lot of noise whilst har(d)ley moving.

putting 17 inch SM rims on it will lower it a bit, but dont actually jack it down because that defeats the purpose...

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Don't lower it unless you can't touch when you're sitting on it. Even if you can just tippy-toe, it's good. More ground clearance is better. Lowering it defeats the purpose as stated before

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh i'm plenty tall enough to touch, just curious if the front will rake down because it will sit 1.5" lower with the new wheels

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here is how it sits now added new front light, led signals, led taillight, and rack for my lunch box

i plan on getting a new rear fender and putting a sv650 taillight with integrated signals in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts