SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newb to SM.
I just got my 07 610sm a few days ago and i want to get rid of the fugly heat shield, mirrors and trim the tail section including front turn signals. Other than those minors items, I love this bike. It is so badass:arsenal
Any thoughts, ideas, links to website or pics would be great
thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
I run mine without the mirrors. I removed the portion of the tail section that holds the tail/brake light and made a bracket to hold a different light and license plate. As far as the exhaust heat shield, I cut it down and drilled a bunch of holes in it. My boots and pants don't go near the area of the header where the front heat shield is located, so I just run the bike without it. I also relocated my ignition. It was a pain to access in the stock position. Hope this was the info your were looking for.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
hey kawi,
give me a part number for that slipper and proof its been run on a 06/07/08 sm610 and ill buy ya a 5dolla footlong from subway...:headshake

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey kawi,
give me a part number for that slipper and proof its been run on a 06/07/08 sm610 and ill buy ya a 5dolla footlong from subway...:headshake
STM part #FHQ-M030

I'll take a wheat bread, Turkey, American cheese, Let, Onion & Bell Pepper....extra S&P:thumbup:

As far as proof? STM says it works for 2000-2008 SM610 Husqvarna. I have to believe them. I have used a number of STM products and they have all been perfect.

John

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
no first of all MY name is Jon... :lol:

and ill take your word for STM does say its for the 610 (i gasped than looked myself) i think its been tried and it doesnt work with the 610, its the same PN as for the 450 510 motor as well and those clutches are completly diffrent than the 610...

heres some homework... go to halls cycles and look at the part #s for the 610 and part #s for the450/510 clutch assy's and plates themselves...

heres a rundown.
450/510 clutch assy/ plate 8A00AD611/ 8000-81508
06/07 SM610 clutch assy/ plate 8000 A5259/ 8000 48138

and just for shits and giggles i looked up clutch part #s for the 2000 610 motor as STM says its for the 00-08 bikes and whattya know there is a descrepancy again...

pn for the clutch assy for the 00 610 is 8C00 82861

so on that note im goin to call stm and ask if theve ever done it before...

im thinking IF the STM does work it may behave diffrently than it should...

the diffrences are unknown as far as i know between the previously mentioned clutches, but apparantly there are diffrences, because if i were husky, and cost was an issue, you better believe i'd have the same damn clutches on all my bikes...apparantly this isnt the case.

EDIT: (15 min later)
Maybe theres an adaptor or something? What do you think? they only use like 6 diffrent part #'s between all makes of MX bikes... im just thinking this isnt right, and i swear talking about this before and someone had to return one because it didnt work.
BUT PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!! IVE BEEN DYING TO GET A SLIPPER ON MY 610!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I have know parts to have a different part number, and be exactly the same. The part number is just a tracking device, but I agree with you. If I was making a small production of motorcycles, they would have as many shared parts as possible.

I'm JOHN Damn it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
:lol:

I found another one for you Jon.

Fast By Ferracci
2000-2004 - FSR250M42
2004-2005 - FSR250M54

Made by Surflex for FBF to distribute.

Sorry for the tread jack BTW;)

John