SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend just purchased our first DRZ's and we are still waiting on the service manual CD to get here. We were checking over the bikes and noticed there is a small hose that connects on one end to the carb on the other appears to go to the petcock but they are disconnected on both bikes. Should this be connected or not? One of them appeared to be disconnected and tucked away purposely. Both bikes run perfect without it but it seems like any dust, etc would get sucked straight to the engine. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do they have the FCR carbs? If so the PO probably didn't replace the vacuum nipple so they had nowhere to hook the hose. Does your petcock point straight down in the prime position all the time? If so that is probably what is going on.

·
Registered
530 Posts
if it has the stock carb, chances are someone didnt place it back on once they took off the tank, found my hose dangling, about 4000 miles later, dont think it'd hurt to put it back on.. but i wouldnt worry about the effects its had on ur engine,

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That is the vacuum hose. It does go to the carb.

The owner manual is only good for telling you how to put gas in the tank and how to work the speedo.

Do yourself a favor and download the Clymer repair manual. It is on the Thumper Talk forum. There might be a copy on SMJ, you just need to search for it. I can't live with out that manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. The service manual is what we ordered but it came today and it is not SM specific. It does not have the inverted forks at all in it. I assume there are some other differences too becausethe carb did not show that same hose connecting to it. I'll check out the Clymer. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts