SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wanting to visit Pats for some Sumo Riding... noticed on their site something about using only stock exhaust.. I have an 06 KTM 450smr with a FMF Pipe... will that pass? Also buddy is building an 08 Yamaha yzf450 with the same pipe. Can we come play with these bikes as is or do we have to get a silencer?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the limit is 96db.
Most are right at the limit, but if you get 1 of those turn down tips that ya stick on the end(& easily remove after ya leave the track) you should be fine.
My stock crf450r was right at 96db.
FYI

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you have the Q4 series FMF you'll be fine. Anything else and you'll probably be too loud. Your 06 SMR should have come with the EXC pipe- hopefully you still have it. I'd hate to see you guys come all the way out and not be able to ride. We take the noise issue very seriously. The reason we can't use Pat's on the weekdays is because of the noise. Any effort you can put into making your bike quieter on any track is really important for the future of Supermoto; not just here. The difference between 96db and 100db is friggen huge. Remember it's an exponential scale.
The 96db rule isn't there to protect your hearing...all it takes is one loud bike, and we could loose this world class venue.

With all due respect, I hope you can make it!

-KM

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally understand, a track is priceless these days.. we have just started riding SM and have found riding at the Horn to be fantastic... great location to out in BFE by a land fill, no neighbors moving in anytime soon :)

Anxious to get out and try other tracks! We'll order an insert so we make sure we can ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts