SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are either of these tracks going to be open for Supermoto practice on either day this weekend? There are no races scheduled and I'd love to get some track time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Are either of these tracks going to be open for Supermoto practice on either day this weekend? There are no races scheduled and I'd love to get some track time.
someone told me we might as well forget about Mac until August. Matt and I were told we could run 2 Fridays ago then once there it was no go.
just a heads up.
I would be down for Pats either day.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tom,

Will the track be available? If so, I'd like to come.

- Jason

·
Registered
645 Posts
Crap, Your right Jon.... Oh well...Maybe Longview MX Sat?? Anyone interested. Little shorter a drive for you jason. Jon, I know you must have some dirt wheels in the garage now:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
:damn: I will just wait until the 19th .
I need to run the crap out of the rc51 and the sv650 this weekend anyways.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never been to Longview MX. Is it a race or just a practice? Also, how much will it cost?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've never been to Longview MX. Is it a race or just a practice? Also, how much will it cost?
its a practice unless specified on their web-sight. it will set you back $25 for the whole day, no sessions ride til you drop then do it again. Take lots of water because it is along way back to the store.
they have a large mx track, a sand track , a pitbike track , and multiple small tracks plus endless roads and fields.:bike:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll be at Longview this saturday, last few weekends the track has been good and you get it all to yourself if you get there early.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll be at Longview this saturday, last few weekends the track has been good and you get it all to yourself if you get there early.
Matt, you are going to get fast if you keep that up:infrandom

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, just checked out the website, that looks awesome. I'll be there. Maybe Sunday too. haha, We'll see.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Damn!…….I was really looking forward to getting out to the track on Sunday. Having said that, I am absolutely terrible in the dirt and maybe this Sunday can be used as a way to get more familiar and at least more comfortable with my bike in the dirt. However, I don’t have a set of dirt wheels for my bike…….but (and this is a big “but”) I do have a set of rain tires for my 17” wheels. So my question to ya’ll is whether or not I would be able to run my bike (in supermoto trim with rain tires) at Longview? Would this be do-able or just a complete waste of time? I’ve never ridden there before so I have no idea as to what the terrain entails. Frankly, I don’t expect to look good out there just “doin’ my own thing”, so any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. I have Sunday off from work and I’d love to get out and ride some where, so now I just have to decide where (and maybe try to find somebody to ride with since I’ve never really been anywhere)…….I do know that Brian Kemi suggested riding at Brown’s Camp in my supermoto trim, so that’s looking like a definite possibility. Would anybody be interested in riding somewhere on Sunday?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did a couple of arenacross races this past winter on supermoto rain tires. You will definitely not be as fast as the guys with knobbies. I don't know this particular track, so unless this track has some really gnarly jumps that absolutely can't be rolled over, I think you'd be fine. It will definitely make you better on the dirt when you go to a SM track.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Go for it! As long as there's no mud you'll be fine. I've taken my SM bike to several tracks. I take the mini and my SX too and trade off rding them all. It's great fun riding the 17's. Harsh braking bumps into hairpins can be a little challenging on the SMR, but the rest is pretty much the same. I actually preferred the SMR stiff suspension when I would over or under jump stuff.
-KM

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't ridden my SM bike at longview yet, its pretty tilled up in the mornings until midday when some lines get packed, so later might be better.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey Darren my only concern regarding Browns Camp would be rocks and roots . Stick to the trails marked easy or moderate or else risk a bent wheel or flat tire. Just try it or Longview you will love it:thumbup: then go buy an mx bike

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm going trailriding on Saturday, so I'll be at Longview on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts