SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the WR250 peg will fit the 450? My bike is a 2009, and I don't have a space for my girlfriend to put her legs. :headscrat

Also, I have passenger footpegs from an FZ600, but I dont see any way to mount them to the WR.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Anyone know if the WR250 peg will fit the 450? My bike is a 2009, and I don't have a space for my girlfriend to put her legs. :headscrat

Also, I have passenger footpegs from an FZ600, but I dont see any way to mount them to the WR.
Baja designs sell a bolt on set but theyre pretty pricey- like $150 i think.
I am going to get a nice set of aluminum pegs from a sport bike, take a piece of aluminum flat stock and pop two holes in it to mount each peg bracket to then have a friend tig weld it to the subframe. Thinking I can do it this way for less than $50 and it will be stronger than the bolt on style.
I dont think it would be much fun riding a motard 2 up- but I do like me some stand up wheelies on passenger pegs:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow those are actually really nice. I have the baja designs ones. There total pieces of shit.
We are glad you like our design. We try to build the best quality product at an affordable price, that is why we used the best aluminum available(7075-T6).
If you like to see how easy they are to install on the motorcycle, here is a five minute video of the assembly.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the BD passenger pegs on my 04
I wouldn't call them total pieces of shit.
They fit right on. No hacking. The bolts rust immediate. Charge me another 4 dollars for bolts that hold up. But they are just barely adequate . Maybe not even barely. My wife is 105 with change in her pockets. The right peg mount bent immediately. While using the bike to ride to the beach. No whoops or G outs off road. I called BD for a new one, explaining how easily it bent. Would you know they asked for a credit card number to charge me for a under designed part ? Not in the mood to argue that day I settled to pay for shipping. I was surprised . I should have been given my money back with an apology.
They have grown to a large company. I have to think this is a isolated experience.
They are total pieces of shit.

I forgot how much I paid for those things. Just looked up the price.
150.00. Plus shipping
150 is what 109 euros work out to be for the Axiis pegs.
Well worth the added international shipping
I would think it wouldn't be all that hard to adapt them from the 07 to the 04

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you ChrisCross and Maxpower.
Related to the bolts, our are A2 stainless steel so they should never get rusty and our passenger foot pegs handle 265lbs each side, meaning that they will handle 530lbs.
Maxpower you don't have to adapt them because we are going to make them for your model as well. We are now producing the WR450F 2012 model passenger foot pegs and after that we are going to build them for your wr model. We are taking more time then what we predicted on the wr450f 2012 because it is very difficult to find that motorcycle here in Portugal to test the foot pegs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thank you ChrisCross and Maxpower.
Related to the bolts, our are A2 stainless steel so they should never get rusty and our passenger foot pegs handle 265lbs each side, meaning that they will handle 530lbs.
Maxpower you don't have to adapt them because we are going to make them for your model as well. We are now producing the WR450F 2012 model passenger foot pegs and after that we are going to build them for your wr model. We are taking more time then what we predicted on the wr450f 2012 because it is very difficult to find that motorcycle here in Portugal to test the foot pegs.
If you guys are going to make them for the '04 then it looks like I am waiting! :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just as I was surprised the BD passenger pegs high cost at 149.00 as
I was surprised at the low cost of the Axiis pegs at 149.00
The Axiis pegs looked so much stronger and better made

1 - 15 of 15 Posts