SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed the bike comes with rear pegs so i was wondering how tight of a sqeez it would be , any of you guys had your chicks on back ? how is it? any room/power

·
Registered
171 Posts
My dude came up with his girl, and they cruised on mine while I took the 750.
They looked like one of those cramped, poor, gas-saving foreigners you see riding in some "Chinatown".

They did it though, he did not have to much room for much horseplay.

I personally sit comfortably with my most rear part of my ass very near to the seat strap.......you???

She sat just about there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what i fugured, the bike doesnt look that big at all. i dont have a bike but i am kinda in the market and looking either at the wrx or a used drz400 sm, but my gurl wants to be able to come on short rides to the store and what not with me so i was just wondering.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know a guy that once rode a guy on the back of his WR250X and I "Heard" it did really good. And the guy I know that did that also "TOLD" me that it didn't handle too bad or accelerate that badly. But I myself would never ride a guy on the back of "MY" Wrx. That would just be horribly gay of anyone to do such a thing. :bike::lol::lol:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I rode mine with my girlfriend on the back. She's 5'7" and pretty small framed and I'm 6'1" and fairly thin myself. It was cramped, but not terribly bad. She is not a very experienced passenger, so she was tending to keep pushing me forward. She said the footpegs felt very small, and in fact, they are quite tiny.
What really suprised me was how well the WRX handled the weight in the twisties. Yes, acceleration was noticeably slower, but not terribly slow. It really shined in the curves though, handled MUCH better than I thought it would given the extra weight.
Overall, I'd say it's definitely doable, but for relatively short trips and if you've got a small passenger. By the way, I've since taken my passenger pegs off, and now we go on the 600RR for two-up riding. I see an FJR in my future anyway.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My wife and I ride the WR to the movies and short trips to dinner and it's fine. Obviously I wouldn't want to tour 2-up on the thing, but for short trips the power and handling are adequate considering the bikes size.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I know a guy that once rode a guy on the back of his WR250X and I "Heard" it did really good. And the guy I know that did that also "TOLD" me that it didn't handle too bad or accelerate that badly. But I myself would never ride a guy on the back of "MY" Wrx. That would just be horribly gay of anyone to do such a thing. :bike::lol::lol:
:Funny:
I should certainly hope you wouldn't because we all know the rule about having more testicles on a vehicle than there are tires...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree.. I ride with my girl fairly often on short rides to dinner or ice cream or whatever. No problems at all. Obviously a little more cramped but not uncomfortable. I'm 5 10 she's 5 3

·
Registered
239 Posts
:Funny:
I should certainly hope you wouldn't because we all know the rule about having more testicles on a vehicle than there are tires...
So quads it's it's OK? And if your on an old ATC250R you just have to be with this one guy I know that we call the Uniballer!!!! hahaha

I just think it should always be two.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Well we can ammend the rule to a testes to seat ratio of no more than 2:1, that covers everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HAHAH I ride with my Gf all the time Im 6'3 about 185 and she about 5'7 smaller girl ya its cramped but not bad still took off quite nice and handles nice compared to my old track bike. She's bugging the shit out of me to teach her how to ride! So i did the sit behind her thing and TRY to teach her to shift gears. SCARED the hell out of me I guess i need to teach her on 4-wheels then move to the bike?

·
Registered
154 Posts
HAHAH I ride with my Gf all the time Im 6'3 about 185 and she about 5'7 smaller girl ya its cramped but not bad still took off quite nice and handles nice compared to my old track bike. She's bugging the shit out of me to teach her how to ride! So i did the sit behind her thing and TRY to teach her to shift gears. SCARED the hell out of me I guess i need to teach her on 4-wheels then move to the bike?
Sign her up for the MSF course. She doesn't need any experience before attending. You'll both be much happier.

·
Registered
499 Posts
My main hobby is racing catamaran sailboats. Being tall and skinny is a good thing for that. More leverage for holding the boat down being tall, less weight is really important too.

BTW, cockmeat doesn't sound that tasty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts