SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Im actually more of a quad guy, but moved to the city two years ago. In the two years I rode my quad(Honda 450) twice. I thus sold it.

Being in the city there's obviously a LOT of traffic(Johannesburg South Africa) and I decided to get a bike for commuting(among other) purposes.

I was thinking of getting a WR450R Yamaha and converting it.

Has someone done it? Any tips and hopefully a parts list? Anything to look out(Watch out) for?

I hope someone can help me. I presume such a conversion has been done before and I'm really hoping to tap into you guys' knowledge and experience so as not to have to reinvent the wheel(So to speak).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

JGC

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hey all,

Im actually more of a quad guy, but moved to the city two years ago. In the two years I rode my quad(Honda 450) twice. I thus sold it.

Being in the city there's obviously a LOT of traffic(Johannesburg South Africa) and I decided to get a bike for commuting(among other) purposes.

I was thinking of getting a WR450R Yamaha and converting it.

Has someone done it? Any tips and hopefully a parts list? Anything to look out(Watch out) for?

I hope someone can help me. I presume such a conversion has been done before and I'm really hoping to tap into you guys' knowledge and experience so as not to have to reinvent the wheel(So to speak).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

JGC
Plenty of folks on here have converted WR's. From what I hear, they make awesome/reliable tards. Just do a few searches. I recall seeing a couple builds in the past month or so.

When I was looking for another bike, I was looking for a street titled WR or CRF-X and I happened to find the X first, but I would have gone with the WR in a heartbeat if I found one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Ill search for such conversions. Saw an excellent WR250 conversion.

Another question.

Would you(Or anyone who would like to comment) recommend converting or buying a second hand bike like a KTM for instance?

It just makes sense to me that the KTM(Or any dedicated SM) would be more reliable in the long run?

All comment welcome!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Any more reliability is in the hands of the owner. All major bike manufacturers have fairly reliable machines. If you do your homework on your specific machine and keep up with it that is as good as it gets. Its gonna be hard to beat the reliability of your bike. I switched from Honda to Yamaha because of their current 4 stroke reliability.:anim_peep:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts