SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm sad to say I'm parting out my '97 XR400 sumo. You might remember the build thread if you ever saw it....but I let a buddy ride my bike one time......and, well....I'm parting it out. He hit a frickin truck and bent the frame up pretty good. He was going into a blind corner and saw the S10 when he was already in the corner & freaked out and stood on the front brake (320mm EBC) and sent the bike straight for the truck. He bailed and escaped with a broken collar bone and a little road rash (he was wearing all my gear) but the bike suffered a bent frame and a busted front fork (left) a few other cosmetic things.

ANYWAY.....I'm parting the rest of the bike out. I'll post just a couple pics but if there's anything else you want, let me know.

The motor is still perfect. It didn't have a scrape on it. It's bored .020" over to a 406 with a Namura piston. Head was just worked over with 3-angle valve seats and new valve stem seals before the wreck, too.

All pictures are post-wreck...

The gas tank is still fine and holds gas with no scratches or anything....but the paint chipped off (had a guy paint them...swore to me he could paint the plastic gas tank & be fine....but it bubbled off in almost no time and the wreck just knocked a bunch of flakes off)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
how much for that taillight/rearfender? thats the one i was just going to buy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much for that taillight/rearfender? thats the one i was just going to buy.

do you mean rear fender or license plate holder? Because I added a Maier black rear fender, a Baja designs license plate holder (has velcro on it in the picture), and of course the tailight....

Rear fender: $20 (has scuff on it as seen in picture...I haven't tried to buff it out)
License plate holder/tail & brakelight: $30

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i ment the plate holder underpart and light.
i'll take it for $30 shipped...
its going on my CR500 (that is basically a motorcross bike with rims right now)
how low would you be willing to go to sell the tires? (just the tires, not the whole wheel)

im trying to get my CR on the road for the lowest amount of cash possible.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ment the plate holder underpart and light.
i'll take it for $30 shipped...
its going on my CR500 (that is basically a motorcross bike with rims right now)
how low would you be willing to go to sell the tires? (just the tires, not the whole wheel)

im trying to get my CR on the road for the lowest amount of cash possible.

$30 does not include shipping for the license plate holder. I have lost my butt in the past on shipping and I really don't want it to happen again. This time, I'll be calling in weight & dimensions to UPS and getting quotes to the address before I quote shipping. PM sent.....

As for the tires, I really don't want to separate the wheels & tires so if they don't sell, I'll consider it and then get back to you. I'm wanting $700 for wheels/tires. That doesn't include sprocket & rotors.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
why not try to find a new frame and salvage/rebuild a new bike?

eitherway, sorry to hear about the bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not try to find a new frame and salvage/rebuild a new bike?

eitherway, sorry to hear about the bike.

I thought about it....even found a couple frames. But I just have been away from my R6 for too long (2 years)...I had to get back to her. And I can't afford both so I bought the R6 and now I need to get rid of the SM to help pay the bills! :bike:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The head has just had new valve stem seals and the seats cut 3-angle. Cylinder has not a ton of hours on it either since it was bored .020" over with a Namura piston setup. The carb includes a handful of pilot & main jets and a K&N air filter if you would want it....the air filter doesn't fit the stock airbox...I had to cut & modify my airbox to make it fit.

FMF Megamax muffler has a little roadrash you can see from the pictures. I painted the midpipe semi-flat black with high temp paint when I built the bike. It has held up flawlessly and looks awesome.

I'm asking $900 for everything. That includes fresh motor, carb + extra jets, CDI & whatever else you want wiring-wise, header, & muffler.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still for sale:

Motor: Pending
Carb: Pending
Header/Muffler: Pending
Gas tank - $50 + shipping
Swingarm - $40 + shipping
Rear Shock - $20 + shipping
Shock Linkage - $10 + shipping
K&N air filter & precharger - $15 + shipping
Signal Flasher - $5 + shipping
16 tooth Renthal front sprocket - $10 + shipping
Front fender - $10 + shipping
Regulator/Rectifier - $15 + shipping
NICE XR's Only chain guide (pic to come) - $40 + shipping
Rear fender - $20 + shipping
IMS foot pegs - $40 + shipping
Trailtech Vapor - $50 + shipping
Subframe - $40 + shipping

All other misc. parts off a XR400 (side plastics, calipers, motor mounts, axles, guards, oil lines, etc...) - make offer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
hmm..
i should have taken the vapor when i got your rear light, i just didnt see it. i'll take it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Motor, carb, header, muffler, CDI, & coil sale is STILL FOR SALE - $900

Vapor is sold.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts