SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone have the part numbers handy for the consumable parts I will need to replace when I change my oil?

More specifically, O-Ring and filter gaskets? I'd like to keep a few extras on hand since my local dealer always seems to run out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
16510-29F00
09280-54001
09280-13004

both o-rings and filter..now for the shameless plug..i work for a dealership in NC doing wholesale internet parts..if you ever need anything give me a shout 1800-359-0567 at ext #129 my name is Ken also you can check out the site at

http://www.mrcycles.com/

happy tarding

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hmmm, I changed my oil and filter yesterday and didnt see anything about installing these washers.
Do you go by Suzuki's recommended oil change interval too?

Crush washers are designed to be used once and only once. Whether you choose to do so is up to you. Here is what can happen if you reuse them (note the wedge shape of the re-used crush washer, and yes, that is a piece of the crankcase):

If you do decide to use new crush washers at each oil change, here is the proper orientation on the drain bolts:

You don't necessarily need to purchase Suzuki crush washers, you can get them at most any dealership. You simply need 10mm and 12mm crush washers.

if you haven't done so yet, you should remove and clean the frame oil screen as well. You won't find that in your owners manual either.

Good luck. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts