SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the designated liason person for Super Moto Races on behalf of the Parry Sound Motorcycle Associtation putting on the Sport Bike Rally.

Starting Friday July 4 the track will be set up. Sat. July 5th will be a full day of practice (9-5ish)with interludes of the FMX Free style tour. Sunday is a CMRC points paying race with a $3,000 purse and trophies for 1st,2nd and 3rd in all classes. The track will be awesome with the full pavement being used along with the dirt section--(no salt has arrived as of yet and they promised it wouldn't come.)
As part of the Sport Bike Rally everyone is invited to participate as a ralliest and receive a t-shirt along with a wrist band giving discounts around town etc. You are all invited to join the thunder run driving through town Sat. night at 6:30pm.
Looks like the weather forecast is clear and sunny so let's have a great weekend of racing--and swimming.(There is nothing like a super moto guy diving off the salt docks!! Show me those abs boys!)

See you soon,
Rose

·
Registered
696 Posts
Where is the track going to be??

I just got a call from the CMRC and was told the event may be downtown?

·
Banned
323 Posts
Holy gong show batman! Here's a word of advice.. DON'T CALL DAVE ARNOLD FOR DIRECTIONS!!! He will want to kick your ass.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm glad I am injured because if I had to chase races like you guys are doing in my first season at this, I may not see a second. I would have been fuming if I had drove all the way to Jonquiere and had the race cancelled. The uncertainty surrounding this upcoming race may have been the icing on the cake.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I'm glad I am injured because if I had to chase races like you guys are doing in my first season at this, I may not see a second. I would have been fuming if I had drove all the way to Jonquiere and had the race cancelled. The uncertainty surrounding this upcoming race may have been the icing on the cake.
dude.. you hit the nail right on the head. if someone doesn't get this series in control then it's going to turn us all off. Jonquire was not the promoters fault, but it could have been more organized. It was a VERY expensive practice day$!$!$!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The race wll be at the same location as last year, but there is no salt pile there yet so the track be bigger. There should be sighns showing how to get there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was talking to Lawerance Hacking today, and he's scrambling a bit, but it is for sure a go.
With that said, it seems theres a lot animosity between the promoters, venues, sponsors and racers. I sure hope we dont have another crash and burn of the sport again, we are just shooting ourselves in the foot.
Maybe, we should start by finding a local venue and starting some club racing? At least that way we can secure a venue, start building the rider numbers, and begin looking towards the future? In this day, no one is willing to spend 10-15 g's on a bike to spend $1000 to drive forever away, for a couple of events that are iffy at best.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, and as always, as the only media in Canada that gives a shit about this sport, please let me help and keep me informed
[email protected]

·
Banned
323 Posts
good point Paul. That's basically what it needs.. grass roots, club level racing and all that.. the unfortunate thing is that out of 5 potential great venues where I have personally tried to get this to happen, failed.. They build you up then don't return your calls.. I have a plan to personally put together a purpose built facility for motox and supermoto.. I can tell you all that I am putting some serious thought into it and I am keeping my eye and ears open for the right opportunity.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That would be great!!! Apparently there is an old go kart track similar to Batavia that is not being used anymore in Bracebridge. I have put out some feelers to get some info on who actually owns it, but nothing back yet. I also have some leads on the old stock car track here in North Bay. It is an oval, but a couple of chicanes and a dirt section and it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wish we had a track close to GTA so afterwork weekday practice would be possiable......wish wish wish:rolleyes:

PS Anyone have talk to Go Kart track owners?
100% tarmac is better than nothing.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I've tried everything... MOsport, Shannonville, Goodwood, sutton, kawartha slots, parking lots, hamilton... pretty much all the decent ones and I could not get any where.. BUT yes Bart, if I'm to do something it would be as close to the GTA as possible. I'd love to sign a deal with the Toronto airport... no problem with noise there!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
What about Innisfil? Looks like a decent track. I will keep looking into Bracebridge and the local track here. Bracbridge is only about 1.5 hrs from the GTA.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Downsview is an indoor go kart track. Too small for us I think. There is a lot of roads and area that is not being used at Downsview Park in the back. I was posted there for five years and got to "walk" most of the area. That would definately be an option, but the area is the pits.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I might be blind, but has anyone mentioned what time the racing will start on Sunday and what the itinerary is for the day?

·
Registered
162 Posts
WTF? I read that article and the one above and now I am really pissed. CMRC Quebec has alot of nerve. The comment about "only 5 Ontario riders showed up" pisses me off. Do they realize how long of a drive that is? How many Quebec riders are going to show up at Fort Erie? Whoever wrote that should give their head a shake. I am insulted and I wasn't even there!!! If I was then it would have been "only" six!!!

·
Banned
323 Posts
I drove 11 hrs to get there early for practice and no practice.. then we had to help build the course to get it all done in time.. I was a little frustrated cause here we are paying money to come to race and we have to work. I'm happy to do my part, but let's get a little more organized dudes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts