SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a job where you work late and work no where near your bike??

At my current job i work until 11pm at night and i'm usually no where near the office while i work.

I wanna commute my bike to work, but i'm worried about my bike getting stolen. I have 2 cable locks and will be buying another disc lock when i buy the bike, but there isnt much to anchor the bike to over there.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If a pro wants your bike they're gonna take no matter what it's chained to.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't ride my bike to work because I'm an otr trucker and only have to drive to work once a week and it's only 5 miles one way. I ride my bike any time I'm home though normaly don't even touch the pickup unless I need to haul something big.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Convince your boss to take it inside.
If your boss says no, get a new job - cause where you work is not safe to park a bike, and your boss is a dick.
It wouldnt fit inside even if i wanted to. My boss probably wouldnt care if there was room.

The other option could be parking it right the big hallway where other offices sit. It has a camera on it at all times, but i'm not sure if the landlord would shit a brick over it. People in these surrounding offices are nucking futs about parking. Several of us parked outside of the small parking lot we were assigned and each one of us got a letter threatening to tow our vehicles.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
when i ride to work, (i get off at 10 and work at subway) i park my muddy ass KTM 520 in the backroom. haha

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I keep some weird hours sometimes going in at 2 or 3 am. We have some other guys that ride and one of them is in charge of a whole building. It's used to be an old post office so the back is a loading dock and has a huge overhanging roof. He rides too, and lets us park under the roof so the seat stays nice and cool, and dry too :thumbup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm lucky enough that I can park my bike inside a gated compound while I'm at work. And most of the time, I can push my bike inside an empty garage at work.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My commute to work is two hundred foot walk. My part time Gig has a shop where I can park (And work on) My bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
my closest office is in the ghetto and i have a husky. i gave up the idea of riding to work with the husky the day i bought it.

but when i had my ducati, i had no problem taking it to work. that's why i have insurance. i've never claimed an accident, but if someone stole my bike, i'd use it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i talked to my boss and he's doesnt mind if i can fit it in one of the office rooms without making a mess. Which may not be possible.

However, the hallway in front of this office has two cameras watching it at all times. So i could park it there and hope no one is dumb enough to try.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My supervisor's liter gixxer was stolen from our nicely lit parking lot, patroled by security once in a while, blah, blah, if they want it they will take it. Full insurance coverage is the answer.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
What you could do is go there on the weekend when you're not working and sink a piece of steel (I forget what they're called I'll draw a picture) and then leave the heaviest chain possible locked through the loop and when you park there just lock the bike up. Like already mentioned, if the thieves want the bike, they will take it no matter what. But if you have to drive the bike to work, and have to leave it outside, make it hard as possible for them to take it.

Here's an extremely crude drawing, but you get the point. This will only work if you can park in the same spot every day, and if they don't mind you installing it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
uhh, heres some less crude pics:
http://www.lockitt.com/lockdown.htm

if all that is stopping you is something to lock it to, sink an anchor in at work somewhere.. and park there everyday. id suggest a dead area where cars cant park, and people dont need to walk... that way, no one could take your spot with the anchor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts