SuperMoto Junkie banner

Owen Sound Waterfront Weekend!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sedric 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

Everything is looking a GO! here for Owen Sound to host a SuperMoto Canada round!!!
THe venue (unless catastrophic changes) will be the Bayshore Community Center (BIG!) June 24-25, 2006, with the dirt section indoors, paved section outdoors, vendor alley, concessions, SHOWERS, and all!

Televised by Rogers Cable, free wireless internet for all the race teams, as well as (fingers crossed) live music Saturday night!

Please respond to the POLL concerning track design..

It's looking to be a groovy event, with ALL the major manufacturers providing an initial agreement to attend (via dealers) Hon, Yam, Kaw, Suz, KTM, TM.... I'm loving this - things are falling into place quite well!

OH! And thanks for the suggestion - the local Military boys are likely going to do security...

$10/day $15/weekend is the projected ticket cost tho I'm not sure what the racer cost will be. Also looking into getting racer discounts at the local hotels.

More infoz will be forthcoming as the dotted lines get signed.

See less See more
#3 ·
Take the reins and make it happen. I'm just a racer who is trying to build the best event I can! :pimp:

#5 ·
Hey Tom! What class you usually run in?

I'm laughing since I seem to be post-whoring all over the damn boards lately. :pimp:

#7 ·
No bombing required!! LMAO!
THere's a vet class, as well as a novice class - unlimited displacement bikes in novice, stock wheels & engine preferred.

We try to accommodate all types!

The situation has changed, and the new (backup) plan has me organising an outdoor event, so I'm hopeful I can make it as enticing as the indoor/outdoor plan! :pimp:

#10 ·
Well SHEEEEEE-IT

I got more than a tad lax at updating all'a y'all when things got quiet on the boards and busy in my life.... that said , here's the skinny so far:

Owen Sound Round is as good as gold, but for 2007 <-!!!!!
Things got pushed too far into the NASMOTO season and the ball got dropped by the (now quiet) SuperMoto Canada exec.

I'm trying to find out what I can find out in order to help make the '06 season happen, and am smoothing things over here in Owen Sound with all the people and agencies I PUSHED to make a race in 2 months.

I'm a little frustrated, yes - I wound up with some serious sponsorship, an entire HALF of the parking surface of the largest mall in this area, even an offer of all the dirt/fill I need from the City of Owen Sound (free) !!!!!!! :pimp:

So the plan sits here: make the Bayshore Community Center Indoor/Outdoor SuperMoto Event happen for 2007 in Owen Sound, and bust a nut making the '06 season for SuperMoto Canada as good as the '05 season was! :pimp:

#12 ·
Classes

Would you know if they will have a class in which a stockish DRZ400 would be competitive in?The novice I'm guessing, because I know I'm down some power compared to crossers.Would this bike qualify for the sportsman class?The tires and brakes would be stock:hmmm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.