SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oakland Valley Race Park is hosting an OPEN HOUSE & BBQ - Sunday 6/19!!

10am - 10pm

$20.00 for Riders!!

*Supermoto
*Dirt Oval
*Woods riding

$10.00 for non-riders.

check out OVRP.com for directions.

·
Registered
426 Posts
What exactly is an open house, as opposed to a practice? Is this Supermoto only?

Thanks for the info!

Derek

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oakland Valley Race Park is hosting an OPEN HOUSE & BBQ - Sunday 6/19!!

10am - 10pm

$20.00 for Riders!!

*Supermoto
*Dirt Oval
*Woods riding

$10.00 for non-riders.

check out OVRP.com for directions.
What exactly is an open house, as opposed to a practice? Is this Supermoto only?

Thanks for the info!

Derek
It means - that OVRP is opening up their tracks for riders as well as throwing a BBQ. You can ride some supermoto then if you wanted try the dirt oval - you try it, or you can temp your fate at the woods loop on slicks - however I am bringing my dirtbike.

What do you mean is it supermoto only?

·
Registered
426 Posts
It means - that OVRP is opening up their tracks for riders as well as throwing a BBQ. You can ride some supermoto then if you wanted try the dirt oval - you try it, or you can temp your fate at the woods loop on slicks - however I am bringing my dirtbike.

What do you mean is it supermoto only?
Thanks - I meant usually I go there, and its me and 100 karts. If its all Supermoto, maybe it will attract more people? Its kinda boring going around by myself between kart sessions...

Derek

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I meant usually I go there, and its me and 100 karts. If its all Supermoto, maybe it will attract more people? Its kinda boring going around by myself between kart sessions...

Derek

I know exactly what you mean, was there yesterday and the wait time between us going out was ridiculous. So we asked that same question about this open house an the response was --

No karts.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
F - isn't June 19th Father's Day?? I have a giant BBQ at my house that day. F!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cancelling BBQ. It's Father's Day, I get to do what I want, right?

Gotta adjust my valves and I should be good to go Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think im in....... I got the fathers day thing in my favor.......:thumbup:
there you are sunshine, where you been.

It would be good to see ya again Ron! Being that I pussied out of racing!

Derek
public forums are probably not the best place to announce ones pussification with respect to racing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just got the ok from the wife..... Im in. Hay Jay, where did you find the info about next weekend? I cant find it any where on there there site. The date says to be announced. Any overnight accommodations? Have trailer, will travel........:bannana:

·
Registered
188 Posts
It would be good to see ya again Ron! Being that I pussied out of racing!

Derek
Stop it...... I never seen a first timer high side, then continue on and race the final. You were so beat up, you couldent even push your bike up into your truck. You just had a bad day.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just got the ok from the wife..... Im in. Hay Jay, where did you find the info about next weekend? I cant find it any where on there there site. The date says to be announced. Any overnight accommodations? Have trailer, will travel........:bannana:
I was there yesterday. Not sure about camping ... but you should call and ask ... Saturday they are having a 4hr mini endurance race -- which i heard was really fun. Was thinking about watching that .. huge grids for that thing - like nearly the whole back straight.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ok, I am officially IN. Got approval. Also just finished adjusting my valves 5 minutes ago. Gotta change the oil/filters, adjust the chain, swap tires... brakes... ok I have a lot of things to do. But I will be ready Sunday 10am!

Derek

·
Registered
894 Posts
yes yes yes YES!!!! see ya'll there :clap:

still need a partner for saturday but at least I'll have 3 bikes to play with on sunday :D

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of the greats for '11 guys :D:D:D

·
Registered
616 Posts
practice bbq

anyone know what the sessions(if any) are going to be.
how many sessions/groups/how long. I know its hard to say without knowing the turnout.

just wondering if I need to bring my mini or not.

I'm guessing with the mini endurance race there, there will be enough to necessitate a session.

Edwin

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
anyone know what the sessions(if any) are going to be.
how many sessions/groups/how long. I know its hard to say without knowing the turnout.

just wondering if I need to bring my mini or not.

I'm guessing with the mini endurance race there, there will be enough to necessitate a session.

Edwin
I have just spoken with OVRP -- Event is RAIN OR SHINE!!! BBQ 12 - 4.

They will determine group rotation based on who shows up.

Spread the word -- we should have a nice group there!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts