Discussion Starter #5
Gates open at 8am
Track usually goes hot for practice around 10am
Heats around 1
Mains around 3

·
Registered
490 Posts
i stopped by to spectate with the wifey. we rode the adv bike there. i had her convinced that it was "safe" until the 450? moto start. one guy took out another and they both went down at the start...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'd like to see that crash. Hey Eric, lets see that Gopro video.

·
Registered
490 Posts
What'd we miss?
from a spectators viewpoint, who knows nobody involved, it looked like one guy clipped the bike in front, started to endo up and he took out the guy to the right of him.

guy who won, 598 was pretty damn fast. i go ta little video of his passing and his overjump. 598, you on here?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'd like to see that crash. Hey Eric, lets see that Gopro video.
No GoPro video !!!!!
Tried to get it off the camera it has a file there and downloads but shows nothing?????
The first heat downloaded fine. I think the crash may have damaged it. Didn't get to try to record anything else yet to see if the camera is working or not.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What'd we miss?
Missed me doing a crash your buddy (sorry Andy Cule)in the first corner move.
They started 450Am behind 450Ex. I got a great start and got into the first turn way to hot. I think I over braked with the front and got the rear off the ground. Couldn't get it turned enough and ran out of room. Crashed myself and Andy. I feel horrible he came down from Canada to run our last race and I made both our racing end early.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Missed me doing a crash your buddy (sorry Andy Cule)in the first corner move.
They started 450Am behind 450Ex. I got a great start and got into the first turn way to hot. I think I over braked with the front and got the rear off the ground. Couldn't get it turned enough and ran out of room. Crashed myself and Andy. I feel horrible he came down from Canada to run our last race and I made both our racing end early.
man that sucks -- glad you both are ok though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crash of the Year

I suck for not wearing my GoPro that day. I had front row seats to the craziest crash I have seen this year. Eric and Andy were directly in front of me off the start. Eric was breaking hard into the inside of turn one, backing it in to Andy’s rear wheel. Andy’s wheel sucked Eric’s wheel in and both of them were cantilevered directly into the ground. I saw parts fly everywhere. I was very happy to see both of them up and moving by the time we came back around.

Eric,

What was the conclusion to your front fork issues?

I would not be concerned about your GoPro. Mine did the exact same thing to me when I crashed into you at the beginning of the year. It just corrupted the one file. The GoPro still works fine.

Does anyone else have any pictures or videos from that day?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fork alignment problem is both upper and lower triple clamps. Both are bent. Front wheel also bent slightly. I'm hoping to get it straightened out with adjusting spokes. In search of adjustable offset triple clamps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow! You did bend the tripples hah, can't believe the forks still moved easy.
What a shame no video

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow! You did bend the tripples hah, can't believe the forks still moved easy.
What a shame no video
Yeah both the top and bottom were bent up the same amount. I think that's what still left the forks turn smooth. I am both happy and surprised the forks are perfectly straight!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts