SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I was practicing trying to control the wheel hop on my cr85 yesterday (aka backing it in). When going full speed I just cannot seem to focus on using the clutch gingerly while: applying 200% front brake, managing the rear brake, leaned over fully, sideways, trying to remember if I turned the stove off, pondering the meaning of life.... I saw a slipper for a 150 R....

Does anyone (clay im talkin to you, hahaha) know anything about getting a slipper in a 85. Im just out of talent and I could go alot faster with a cheater clutch like I have on my big bike!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
If I understand well, the way the slipper clutch works is by "removing" the engine break.
If so, then I guess there would be no point into making them for 2 stroke.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well there is no "engine brake" the engine IS the brake. there is less engine braking with a 2 stroke than 4 stroke since there is no valve train to add to the friction of engine decompression (engine braking). It is still enough to bother me when tipping into a corner with my rear end chattering all over the place!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can back it in just fine. but its not fast since I have to do so much clutch work and think about it rather than focus on my line and how much front tire i have left.

my goal here is not to back it in but to go as fast as I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts