SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Round 4" 6/21-6/22 Yee haw....

Details:
Pats has a one time yearly fee of $12 for your membership license. Everyone pays that their first time out.

Saturday practice: 10 am till dusk-- shared with karts

PKA member $20. Non PKA member $35

Important...Normally the practice fee is $40. This weekend fee applies only to the two Nwmini events at pats.

Sunday race day: Registration at 8am
Practice starts at 9am
Races start at 10
All the classes you want for $55

Camping is free

Hope to see a great turnout. I promise we will post up the points tally soon.

See you at the races:D OSM

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the update Tom.

I am so excited to come out and dust off the cob webs for a little bar bangin'.

See you all there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is it totally noob friendly? Saturday is practice day? Can I go just to practice? Whats the racing like is there a beginner class?

I have been racing OMRA Offroad XC this year, but tota noob to supermoto. (Pretty much a noob offroad too, I ride Open C in that)

I just got my supermoto setup on my 07 450 EXC.

Is there dirt? not sure what would happen when I hit dirt on slicks..havn't tried that one yet.

It says camping is free, is there room for me to bring my 6x12 trailer and my dog, and camp out? I would be coming from Bend, OR.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it totally noob friendly? Saturday is practice day? Can I go just to practice? Whats the racing like is there a beginner class?

I have been racing OMRA Offroad XC this year, but tota noob to supermoto. (Pretty much a noob offroad too, I ride Open C in that)

I just got my supermoto setup on my 07 450 EXC.

Is there dirt? not sure what would happen when I hit dirt on slicks..havn't tried that one yet.

It says camping is free, is there room for me to bring my 6x12 trailer and my dog, and camp out? I would be coming from Bend, OR.
Plenty of room for your trailer. Dirt yes, no problem with slicks. If it R#%ns we wont run the dirt.

Saturday is just practice. Its real easy going. This series is been put on to grow the ridership and the sport, so please come out and bring a friend. ( your dog is cool ) Welcome:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since the last time I was there, some rules were made. I was wondering where I may find all of the pertinent rules regarding making my motorcycle legal to run on the track. I looked around the Pat's site and couldn't even find the rule about trailering the bikes in.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Since the last time I was there, some rules were made. I was wondering where I may find all of the pertinent rules regarding making my motorcycle legal to run on the track. I looked around the Pat's site and couldn't even find the rule about trailering the bikes in.

Any help would be appreciated!
Here ya go. If you have any other question let me knowhttp://www.oregonsupermoto.com/rules.htm

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks I might go, hopefully I can talk a friend into going so the Diesel doesnt own my face so bad lol.

Knobbies allowed at all on practice day? My friends dont have supermoto bikes. Suppose we could take turns on mine if not.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks I might go, hopefully I can talk a friend into going so the Diesel doesnt own my face so bad lol.

Knobbies allowed at all on practice day? My friends dont have supermoto bikes. Suppose we could take turns on mine if not.
knobbies are allowed on practice days and race days

·
Registered
692 Posts
A catch can isn't necessary? I thought that there was more, like axle sliders and such. Thanks for the info!
Here is the long version: Cut and paste into word

OREGON SUPERMOTO RULES

The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF, OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. Oregon Supermoto shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that Oregon Supermoto opinions do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATION. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of Oregon Supermoto. Their decision is final.

Rider Eligibility, Requirements and Etiquette:

The rider is required to understand the rules and regulations and abide by them at all times as stated below. Violation of any rule or regulation will be grounds for immediate disqualification or ejection from the race track by race officials.

To be eligible to race each participant must be at least 5 years of age or older (age will be determined based on riders age at the beginning of the race season). For participants who are under 18 a parent or guardian must sign all required race entry forms and be present at the track at all times.

Riders are responsible for their own medical costs; the promoter does not provide medical coverage. Each rider is required to have inside their race leathers a completed medical form. The form can be obtained at the registration table on practice/race day.

Riders must pay all required registration fees and sign waivers prior to practicing or racing. Check, Cash and Visa are all acceptable forms of payment. Riders whose checks do not clear forfeit all points for the race day and shall be held responsible for the amount of the bad check plus a $20.00 NSF fee.

Technical Regulations

All race entrants are required to have their motorcycles pass technical inspection prior to entering the race track.
It is the rider’s responsibility to come to technical inspection with the intention of passing tech.
1. Drill and safety wire oil drain plugs and filler caps – may substitute with silicon sealant or equivalent.
2. No leaking fluids of any kind; oil, water or fuel.
3. No antifreeze in cooling system; water wetter or equivalent ok. No substitutes.
4. Carburetor, fuel lines, and radiator overflow hoses MUST be routed into a suitable catch container.
5. Number plates must be securely attached and be easily read from 50 feet.
6. Remove kickstand, and any lights – mini classes may retain kickstand if secured.
7. Wheels and tires in race condition; no loose spokes, flat or damaged tires.
8. Throttle operates freely and smooth.
9. No loose parts.
10. Lights and turn signal indicators should be removed; tape over glass headlamp ok.
11. Properly mounted peg sliders are mandatory; and other devices that protect the racing surface such as axle sliders are HIGHLY encouraged.
12. Failure to abide by the technical regulations may result in not passing technical inspection and not participating in the race event.
13. A chemical or CO2 (B/C) fire extinguisher is required in each pit.

Noise Regulations

1. Motorcycle may not exceed 98dba at WOT from 100 feet. Tested from appropriate distance from location where motorcycle will be at maximum throttle.
2. An Oregon Supermoto official, or designate, will perform DB sound level testing as needed.
3. Entrants not observing these published dba levels will immediately be asked to remedy the problem and will not permitted to re-enter the track until the motorcycle can comply with the requirement.

Protests:
Absolutely no protests. Oregon Supermoto Is intended for

Race Day Regulations

Riders Meetings:
All event entrants and pit crew members are required to attend the riders meeting. During the riders meeting, the day’s schedule will be reviewed, any special information specific to the race day will be communicated, and track officials will be identified. The riders meeting will conclude with a new rider orientation.

If a race is stopped for any reason, it will be considered completed if 50% plus 1 lap of the race has been completed. Finishing positions will be based on the prior lap. Any rider causing a red flag will automatically be scored last. In the event a red flag is thrown and the race is not considered "completed" the rider causing the red flag to come out will be required to grid in last position and all other riders will grid based on their prior laps finishing position. Riders not able to continue will be scored as a DNF.

Riders must signal by raising their left arm when leaving the race track for any reason. In the event a rider goes down and is able to get back up and safely continue they are eligible to re-enter the race. If a rider is unable to finish due to a mechanical reason, they should raise an arm to signal they are ok and position themselves and their bike away from the track surface. If a rider goes down and is seriously injured the race will be stopped.

Three entries are required under the existing class structure to constitute a minimum field for that designated class. In the event a minimum number of riders (3) are not registered for a given classification of bike, the classification may be either cancelled or be run as part of another classification. This is to be determined at the race director's sole discretion.

Alcohol is not permitted in the pit area at any time during practice or the races. Illicit drugs are not allowed at any time. A chemical or CO2 (B/C) fire extinguisher is required in each pit.

Code of Conduct:
Oregon Supermoto expects riders to engage in proper conduct to resolve differences between parties in the spirit of good sportsmanship. If a conflict between two riders cannot be resolved in that spirit, it is to be brought to the attention of the organizer of the Oregon Supermoto by one of the riders involved. Both (or all) riders involved in the conflict are required to attend a meeting with the organizer. Involvement by the organizer will automatically put all riders involved on notice that the Oregon Supermoto code of conduct will be adhered to under threat of penalty.

Problems with a rider's conduct are to be brought to the attention of the organizer of the Oregon Supermoto by the affected rider directly involved in the incident. All parties will conduct themselves in a quiet, professional and courteous manner. They are to articulate their point without emotion, profanity or creating a scene. The failure by either party to comply will result in penalties assessed for their conduct during the meeting in concurrence with penalties assessed for their actions on the track.
The organizer will meet with the riders directly involved with the incident only; no other individuals may be present. If an individual(s) not involved interferes with the meeting, the rider with whom the individual is associated will be penalized regardless of the findings.

Riders who threaten physical violence to any rider, track employee, race organizer, spectator or any other persons may be ejected from the track for that event. Riders who engage in physical violence will be ejected from the track and not allowed to attend future Oregon Supermoto events. Collective information from the track officials will be gathered on each rider in the incident. The total tally of incidents involving each rider and the severity of their actions will be considered in the call. Each party may be penalized by the findings. Decisions by the officials are final; there is no recourse or review.

If a rider is found to be a danger to other riders on the track they will be warned and/or removed from race events at the discretion of the race director. There is no appeal of this process. If a rider is found to be a danger to riders at multiple race events they will not be allowed to participate in the future Oregon Supermoto events.

Family ,Friends
Racers and their families and friends are invited to attend all race events, however the Racer is ultimately responsible for ensuring their guests follow and abide be the rules of conduct.

PITS:
The Racer is responsible for any debris left behind in his/ or her pit area. Any fines levied to Oregon Supermoto by the venue will be passed on to the rider pitted there.

Pets
Pets are not allowed on the race track and dogs are to remain on a leash while at the facility.
Pat Acres does not allow pets.

ALCOHOL POLICY:
Absolutely No Alcohol or drugs allowed in pits. Reasonable alcohol consumption may be
tolerated after the last race of the day; violators may be removed. Any rider seen to be in consumption of alcohol during the race day will be suspended for a minimum of 3 races. If a riders' mechanic is in violation of this policy, rider(s) will be removed and suspended as well.

Protests:
Absolutely no protests, period. If you feel you should cheat then you’re not invited to run our classes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pets
Pets are not allowed on the race track and dogs are to remain on a leash while at the facility.
Pat Acres does not allow pets.
So can I camp and bring my dog or what? confused :)

He just stays in my truck, or tied to the truck anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
pack your gear and head to Canby

KTMDirtface, I know that it is a bit of a drive from Bend, but you have to show up. There are rules, but you are making enough of an effort that I am sure you will be good to go. If one of your "i's" isn't dotted or one of your "t's" aren't crossed, it is a very friendly and relaxed crowd and someone will help get you squared away. I have only been to MacTrack, but I am bringing my dog and as long as you are responsible (pick up after it, don't let it run loose, etc.) and it sounds like you are, you'll be fine. The NW mini outfit and everyone I have been around at Mac Track are very friendly and it will be the same at Pat's. Show up with your trailer and your dog and I promise that you will have fun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea i'm going.

I emailed them they said its fine as long as hes on a leash.
See ya.

·
Registered
692 Posts
So can I camp and bring my dog or what? confused :)

He just stays in my truck, or tied to the truck anyway.
I guess I should fix that.
1. For McMinnville Pets are not allowed on the race track and dogs are to remain on a leash while at the facility.

2.Pat Acres does not allow pets. At least this was the rule in the past.

Since you say he stays in the truck I suggest you give Lisa a call at (503) 266-PATS if she isnt there then ask anyone and you will get your answer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
First W on the 250! I had a blast today. Thanks again to all the organizers, everyone who volunteered, and all the cool laid-back people I got to race with. I got some really nice video of the mains from onboard my bike. I'll put together a little hightlight reel and post it up in a day or so.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That was tons of fun I sucked but it was fun. I got one bit of helmet cam footage on saturday. Thanks everyone for the good times, hopefully my dog wasnt to annoying (he was the furry mutt at the far end barking lol)

Wish I had some footage of race day but my cameras batteries died so I only got me wussing out on the dirt..although I think I did better on pavement practice day than I did race day. Is there any results? I know i got last in asphalt only "premere?" I dont even know. Probably close to last in tha AM Supermoto. I dont care though that was a blast. To bad there is nothing resembeling a supermoto track near me in Bend.
\
Link to uncut huge helmet cam file 168megs
http://users.kattare.com/~jalltucker/Video/PatsSuperMoto/RECO0001.ASF
I'll cut it down sometime this week.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts