SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone let the person in charge of the Oregon Superbikers Facebook page know that those who do not have a FB page cannot view the website? And, let them know they are missing out on disseminating information to SM riders by not using this forum?

Thanks,

R

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. It shows the page then immediately shows a log in box. I used to be able to when it was "public" so I don"t know if they changed the settings or what so non-members can't view it. It is probably just a mistake on their end.

Thanks for the assist.

R

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I agree. As soon as you "go Facebook" you just alienated (lost) some percentage of people. Even if the Facebook page is public. Some people do not have a Facebook account, never will, and feel better for it.

I've been following the progress of rebuilding this series here on SMJ and am considering driving through multiple races to attend a race. If all the "chatter" was happening on Facebook, I would not know of the series being rebuilt and my "wanting to help" would never happen.

Please also keep the "chatter" here on SMJ!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was public for a few days then not anymore. Luckily the Oregon Superbiker page is update with calendar info. Yeah.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. As soon as you "go Facebook" you just alienated (lost) some percentage of people. Even if the Facebook page is public. Some people do not have a Facebook account, never will, and feel better for it.

I've been following the progress of rebuilding this series here on SMJ and am considering driving through multiple races to attend a race. If all the "chatter" was happening on Facebook, I would not know of the series being rebuilt and my "wanting to help" would never happen.

Please also keep the "chatter" here on SMJ!
+1. must be the new generation. The ones who don't even know what supermoto is. Heavy sigh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts