SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, there is barely anything available to put on the 690 SMC.....so I'm getting desperate.....lol

I bought some of those overpriced, anodized orange, KTM Logo'd parts and some worked out great and others didn't, so I thought I would share my findings here.

First pic shows Part #U6908841....the Handle Bar Clamp. That was an easy install and fit perfectly. I like the looks of it.

Second pic shows Part #SXS083000040....the Fork Knob Adjusters. Another easy install that looks good. Also in that pic, you can see the Clutch Cover, Part #SXS05450220. I like the looks of it, but I can't get it to stop leaking. I took the rubber piece off the original plastic cover and it fits perfectly onto the new metal cover, but the mineral oil s-l-o-w-l-y leaks out. Sucks....

Anyway, third pic and onwards shows the empty holes that were left after I removed my blinkers to avoid meltdown from the exhaust. I first put in those red reflectors that you can buy for your license plate frame, but decided some KTM Bar-Ends looked even better. They are Part #54802005000. I had to do a little triming of the plastic tailpiece and some other tiny mods to make it fit, but it came out great. Plus, I couldn't use the Bar-Ends, since I was running the CRG Hindsight mirrors anyway!

I also tried out the 4-Stroke Oil Filter Covers, Part #U6951157 as they looked bad-a$$, but those have a slightly machined edge on them that when fit onto the LC4 engine, it doesn't completely cover the circle. I mounted them up with no oil in the engine and just didn't think it would be oil-tight once I filled it up, so I didn't keep those on.

Finally, I also tried the Oil Filter Cap, Part #75038041100. I transferred the O-Ring from the original cap, and screwed it in. It fit fine into the threads and looked good, but it repeatedly leaked oil......no matter how tight it was. The threads were cleaned again and I double checked everything, but still was leaking. I re-installed the stock one and no more leaks, so.......that Part was a no-go also.

Hopefully this info will give you guys some ideas AND save you some hassle.

Later,
JOHN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a better close-up of that Bar-End install on the fender. Once I get my Euro-Tail Section, I might have to figure something else out.

JOHN

·
Registered
599 Posts
I like the bar clamp. how much?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think it was Elkbow that I got that idea from....but not sure. It's Tapeworks Rim Stripes in Reflective Orange.

JOHN
i've got the rolls here, just haven't put them on yet, heading up to the mountains in the morning for a few days of riding the brute force atv

·
Registered
569 Posts
on the stock clutch cover i have slight leak, so on the aftermarket orange one, may be a problem also, probably are sitting at the factory going through all them to make one work lol

also, you didn't order the brake resevoir cover, that one should fit fine hopefully

1 - 14 of 14 Posts