SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get new tires ASAP! And I can get these Shinkos 705 for dirt cheap through with my dealer rate. But the sizing makes me nervous. Here are my options:

Front:
120/90-17
130/80-17

Rear:
140/80-17
150/70-17

Should I just go with the AVON? (I can by 3 sets of shinkos for the 1 set of Avons)

·
Registered
3 Posts
they are cheap, and are pretty decent off road, but the sizes are a little large, and the tires are heavy compared to stock. i bought them since they were so cheap, and i dont know if i would buy them again since i am planning on buying a 21/18 setup for the X to go offroad and go with street tires for the 17's.

·
Registered
365 Posts
BT-003rs bridgestones in the proper size (110/140) the best improvement you can make on your bike.

db
That is what I just put on my bike.
I prefer the avons though, they fit our rims well enough to use the whole tire front and back.
Here is a pic of my front when I had them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good tires!

Been riding the tires for a few days now and I must say... I LIKE THEM ALOT! Don't get these confused a slick cause they aren't but for the street hooliganism I use them for they work awesome! They are much better than the stockers on the street, hook up with in dirt and grass and the added size of the front tire is rad for curb protection :).

-Wear like iron
-Off road traction is so much better than the stockers
-Price is amazing! THey will go on sale again in October so keep that in mind if you are looking for a good set of cheap rubber

Dislikes:
-Front tire takes a little getting used too
-not as smooth as a slick- but I've added some dyna beeds and they smoothed the rider out alot
-Traction is reduced alot in the colder temps (can't say this for myself but my friend as a set and it said that- Coldest I've ridden these in was 50 and they were fine)
-They do add some ride height but if you have the shock dropped its not bad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts