SuperMoto Junkie banner

Ontario regs for plating a dirtbike ?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  billwalsh119 
#1 ·
Hey all, im glad I just signed up for this site. Lots of info, great replies. Just wondering about this one. I have done searches but not found answers. Does anyone have any idea what is required to plate a 1999 XR250R for the street in Ontario. I have searched all over the MTO website to no avail. I have searched other sites also and still nothing. I figure this site has some Canucks and maybe even some Ontarioans that have transformed their steed for pavement. Any info on where to search? or has anyone been thru the ringer to accomplish this?
Any info or direction would be appreciated as I would like to plate it with minimum work and not have to buy a $480US kit!!!!!

OMR
VBS-SIrFlipsaLot

#2 ·
Hey man, its not hard at all!! im just around Toronto and got my 2004 CRF450r plated and running it on the road now. Heres what I had to do. First you need an ownership. Most bikes only come with a bill of sale. to do this you need a letter from honda canada or go to a dealership that sells your brand of bike. I went to cycle world scarborough. they just have to right a letter saying your bike is what it is, serial number year make blah blah blah. take that plus your bill of sale to the ministry. Show all that to get your green ownership like you have for cars. take your bike to a mechanic with your ownership to get it saftied, get insurance and go back to the ministry to get plates!! that easy.

AS for what you need for safty, you need turn signals, brake light, Hi/low beam lights with a high beam indicator, horn, mirrior and your brake light is supose to work for 15 min after your bike is shut off. but noone really care to much in ontario. your also supose to have a chain gaurd and metal tank....again..noone gets that in depth with these. So basicly, lights, signals, mirror, horn, speedo (cheap moutain bike magnet type works) brake light and your laughing!! ahh yea this is presuming your bike is safe to start with, working brakes, streering, suspension so on.

Hope this helps, and where about are you? If your close to Oshawa let me know cause theres a small group of us with dutybikes on the street. And I can get someone to help with your saftety.

See you on the street!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.