SuperMoto Junkie banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
It was like 6 degrees on Sunday, I went out and put about 80K on. Figured we were going to get dumped on Monday so I wanted to take advantage!

·
Registered
98 Posts
This may be a good place to ask, what all is required to pass an inspection in ontario for a blue plated bike? Spedo? signals? horn? Thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If your bike originally had an "off-road only" title with a red registration slip, it is now impossible to change it to "road legal". If you just need a safety inspection, then what was checked on my bike was lights (turn signals are not technically necessary, but its a pain in the ass trying to explain this to the guy), tail light and brake light, some kind of speedo, mirrors (i got away with one) a headlight with a high and low beam and a horn. Then they checked the overall condition of everything, like brake pads had some life left in them, there were no cables hanging by a thread, no brake lines leaking or anything, sprockets and chain were in good condition and adjusted properly and steering head bearings weren't worn out and clicking.

Hope this helps,

Luke

·
Registered
38 Posts
The weather here in Kingston has been crap for a week now. Combo of snow and rain every single day. I need good weather right now as I'm going away in a few weeks and won't get to ride again the cold months are back. It's driving me nutty. :damn:

·
Registered
793 Posts
where do you live? if in the gta theres a guy who can make your life pretty easy for $50. he did for my yz426 tard, and i am going to see him in a few weeks to get a yz250 smoker done. like was said above though it has to have a green coloured registration that says ?street? in the body style section

·
Registered
722 Posts
If your bike originally had an "off-road only" title with a red registration slip, it is now impossible to change it to "road legal". If you just need a safety inspection, then what was checked on my bike was lights (turn signals are not technically necessary, but its a pain in the ass trying to explain this to the guy), tail light and brake light, some kind of speedo, mirrors (i got away with one) a headlight with a high and low beam and a horn. Then they checked the overall condition of everything, like brake pads had some life left in them, there were no cables hanging by a thread, no brake lines leaking or anything, sprockets and chain were in good condition and adjusted properly and steering head bearings weren't worn out and clicking.

Hope this helps,

Luke
Can you find proof of this no signal legislation? I believe it is true as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It is in the Highway Traffic Act:
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900611_e.htm#BK1

It is in schedule 6 under lighting, it says "Prescribed lamps and reflectors shall be inspected and tested". This means that if your bike came equipped with signals from the factory you are supposed to have them, if not you have to signal your turn with your hands. On a side note have you ever tried to signal your turn while holding the clutch or shifting? It doesn't go very well. I eventually just added blinkers because i felt it was safer and easier for other drivers to see what is going on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Oh man! Who else is excited for this weekend?! 8 degrees and sunny Sat/Sun/Monday. :arsenal

Time to unhook those battery tenders and come out of hibernation.

·
Registered
79 Posts
anyone on this website live by barrie ontario?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I will be bringing the bike up to toronto in October for some riding (from NC) I havent riden in Ontario in about 14 (?) years...last time I did your cops where the bigest fags!

It seems like in toronto- them give drivers licenses out to any body.. and police badges out to any body with a with a stupid look on there face.

Yes- I speed
Yes- I wheelie
Yes- I am comfortable with that
No- Ontario police will not be making an impression on me by giving me a ticket- I will not pay it.

Anybody wanna go for a ride?:bannana:

·
Registered
103 Posts
wheelies fall under the new street racing law in Ontario now. they will take your bike for 7 days on the spot. gotta keep your head up:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I jsut starting reading the rest of the posts...Insurance up in ontario is stupid... When I lived there, I paid a lot for GSX-R750/ FZR600/RD350LC/HD Sporster.. In the $1500-$3000 per year for all the bikes.

My 2009 WR250X is $46 a year
My 2001 CBR929RR is $78 a year
both my fully insuranced cars are $460 a year together
(2008 Honda Element / 2010 Toyota Tundra)

North Carolina rocks!

By the way... How are wheelies considered racing? don't you need to race someone else? Done here its "reckless driving"

·
Registered
103 Posts
By the way... How are wheelies considered racing? don't you need to race someone else? Done here its "reckless driving"

I believe they fall under the "stunt driving legislation" Wheelies, stoppies and even jack rabbit starts (rapid acceleration). will all give your bike a 7 day vacation! And that number can go up with every violation, up to and including permanent seizure and destruction of your ride!

81 - 100 of 101 Posts