SuperMoto Junkie banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Husaberg eh? I am proud to say I pulled the trigger on an 05 husaberg 650. Im in the belleville area.

Jer Orr your bike looks alot better now since Ive seen it in the pictures on kijiji
Yup, I bought a 2008 FE550 and it's a whole new experience as I've never riden dirt or supermoto before. I just sold my Ninja ZX9r this summer.
I was wondering if anyone found a Husaberg dealership that was really good? My dealership in Stratford was great for the sales experience but their service so far has been slow. Then the nightmare happened yesterday, I changed the oil yesterday to find that the oil filter was in backwards! I'm freaking out!!!!:arsenal The oil was filthy after 5 hours and I changed it twice after running it for a couple seconds. Im pissed!

The good thing about having a website is I can "review" my experience with dealers, and suppliers.

www.supermoto-canada.com
www.supermoto-canada.com/blog

·
Registered
395 Posts
M2...I have been meaning to get my M for a couple years. I will do it eventually. It doesn't require much other than a road test I believe. I did my M2 test when I did the motorcycle course years ago.

·
Registered
793 Posts
M2...I have been meaning to get my M for a couple years. I will do it eventually. It doesn't require much other than a road test I believe. I did my M2 test when I did the motorcycle course years ago.
I am in the exact same boat. 23 now and got my M1 for the first time at 16. Let it expire a couple seasons in a row since you can only ride for 3 months now ive had my M2 since i took the course 3 years ago

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you take the course, I believe you get a break on your insurance, similar to taking your Young Drivers with a car. Might be worth the 400 bucks in the end.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Go with Primmum for insurance!! I have been F**KED over by kingsway/jevco (same company, been with both) the last two years and they are useless thieves! Primmum has been so hassle free and about a quarter of the money for me. There deal is that everyone has to renew their policy in February, so if your getting insurance the beginning of July they only charge you for half the year. They will also allow a secondary rider on the policy for no extra charge. I got my WR insured 3 weeks ago, i put it in my dads name and it cost me $250 until feb. for full coverage!! I called back twice to double check i wasn't being misquoted. Only thing i thought was a problem was i found out they do not allow any modifications to the bike. I called to ask about adding supermoto wheels and found out that they really mean no performance mods. You just have to fill out some form saying what the wheels are and what they cost and send it in to them, they guy said it was no problem. So just a suggestion to get a quote from them, they saved me some money. And no i do not work for them, i absolutely hate insurance companies, this one just seems like the lesser of the evils.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just throwing this out there.... I'm from upstate NY and we get a lot of Canadians driving through here on Interstate 81 to go shopping or something. Anyhoo, do you guys have to take an actual driving test for a car license?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have had my M2 for almost 5 years now. When I got my first bike, it was a ZX6R. Me and about 5 other guys all bought bikes around the same time. 4 out of 6 of us took the course, and none of us have every crashed on the street. The 2 guys who never took the course, have crashed many times. Anyone else I know who rides and hasn't taken the course has crashed on more than one occasion. The course may seem like no big deal, but it teaches new riders things they never knew. I did it mainly for the insurance break, which was about $600.00 my first year with my ninja.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It seems I'm missing the mainstream of SM events this summer. I met Motonuts Aug 1 at Cayuga when me Husaberg and my buddy Aprilia SXV showed up for what we thought was going to be rained out! I rained in the first session and we being the SM guys and cocky went out in the pooring rain! I almost high sided trying to slide her around a corner and my buddy low sided in the first session! Everything repaired and no body hurt we continued to piss off the sport bike guys all day!

I want to hit Batavia this summer and Shannonville at least once more since I bought a RACE license! Let me know when you guys are going, husy guy, Jerr Or, Chadta, MotoNuts or anyone who knows of a group of SM's going somewhere!

Oh ya in case you didn't know a couple of us started a web-site and are trying to promote the sport so any cool videos you may have we are trying to post them on our site and Forum. Oh ya there's a blog and Chick pics too, you'll figure it out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The track in Bracebridge is a blast and is cheap to ride. You guys should seriously check it out!

61 - 80 of 101 Posts