Registered
1,127 Posts
OH SHIT!!!! I counted him getting run over 4 times :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
1. FAIL
2. LUCKY
3. Did you see the tits on the girl in the 4x4 as they were leaving from the track. :D:bike:

·
Registered
10 Posts
where the f#$% was the flagger? get out there and do your job. i got ran over at after i crashed once cause the flagger was pickin his butt. that is not cool

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was standing right there.... it was nasty!!! I was walking down from the thor/parts unlimited trailer area right as that happened.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
is it just me, or did there seem to be a surprizing lack of concern for his condition immediately after the bikes went through? There was just a couple people kinda looking around, not really doing anything...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
The flag guy set down the flag to move the bike before anyone even bothered to see if the rider was concious. The other guy that had clearance to be on the track "checked him out", then walked to the side of the track. I suppose it may be a bit much to ask a corner worker to put himself in harms way to protect a rider, but shouldn't somebody get between the guy on the ground and "oncoming traffic" to direct them around?

Kudos to the rider that realized someone's safety is more important than a back of the pack finish.

·
Registered
995 Posts
is it just me, or did there seem to be a surprizing lack of concern for his condition immediately after the bikes went through? There was just a couple people kinda looking around, not really doing anything...
No shizit on that! It was more than two frickin minutes before anyone who seemed to have any knowledge of medicine was attending to him, AND I'm certainly hoping that there were flaggers on the other side of that rise after Alessi had gotten nailed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
At first I thought the same thing about the lack of concern however after more thought and wondering what I would have done in that situation I realized there wasn't much more that could be done than what they did. They had the EMT on the way over the radio as soon as he went down I'm sure. I doubt either of the corner workers had real emergency medical training, and like someone said it would be very dangerous to move him. Another story from that same site says the race was red flagged because of Mike's accident so the workers probably knew that the pack wasn't coming back around again since they probably told over the radio how bad it was and that it wouldn't be clear by the time everyone came back around. They also did appear to be talking to him although its hard to tell if he was conscious or not right after it happened. I don't think it was a lack of concern as much as it was a "let the professional medical team handle this one its too much for us" kinda thing.

Definately Kudos to that rider who came back to ward off any further danger. It appears he rode off after he noticed the race had already been stopped and the pack wouldn't be coming back around.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Holy crap that was brutal, I'm glad he's ok, well, for the most part. Certainly could have been a lot worse, he's lucky!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
It may have also helped a bit being on dirt. If i were going to be stampeded over by a pack of bikes i'd rather it happen on dirt which is slightly softer then concrete. Still...ouch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts