SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

thought I would finally check in here officially.

I'm Mel, live in Hendersonville, NC. I have been riding since I was a kid (a long time ago :lol:) and picked up a slightly used ( 1200 miles) KLX 250 sumo in February to add to my stable of two street/trail bikes.

The previous owner had added a Two Brothers slip on can, but the KLX still needed help in the engine department. So I recently installed the Bill Blue 351cc big bore kit. I'm 300 miles into my 'run it like you're gonna ride it' break in.

It's now jetted properly for the Two Bros and the K & N filter I installed, along with removing the snorkle from the air box.

Added some bark busters and SME axle sliders and bar ends, DRC radiator hoses, a set of Pro Taper bars/grips, a few other odds and ends.

The 351 big bore kit really wakes this little bike up. It's a hoot on these NC mountain roads.

I saw about 12 sumo's on 178/Rosman road Saturday around 11:30/12 noon. Any of you guys on here? It's rare to see that many sumo's together at one time around here....

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Nice bike and intro :welcome: to SMJ. :bannana:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Hi Mel..

Rosman yesterday..that would have been some of the boys visiting from the annual Deals Gap rally. They come here to see us and ride around here a-bit where it's less crowded...bikes and cops. :lol:

Good to have you. Keep your eyes on the local ride alert section where we will post up the occasional meet, and folks will ask for company on an impromptu ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Good intro and pics! :thumbup:

Welcome to SMJ Mel!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Nice to see that big group of sm's on 178. Hope the harley's didn't get in your way too much....:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts