SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know why they shut down the old go kart track in lindon/orem area??
Who owns it? drove out to it today looked like a fun track be pretty cool to build a practice supermoto track out there....

later

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is also an old abandoned race track in Springville. The old Suntana/Thunder Mountain Raceway but, it's pretty overgrown and thrashed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I talked to the owner and he is looking at finding a use for the land because his taxes went up several times. He is willing to discuss after thxgiving.:bowdown:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like there is at least 3 of us willing to help. How many more are willing to pitch in and participate??? Let's get this thing up and running so we can have another place to ride!!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
don't get too excited(i work 8 mins from this place i would ride there every day so i am one to talk :bike: ).... but with a go ahead from the owner and some money and hard work it really would be a sweet place to ride...let us pray....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Ska, has anyone made an appointment to speak with the owner concerning these ideas??? Maybe we should set an appt with him and everyone who is interested and willing to help can get together before hand and make some kind of a game plan as to what we would have to offer concerning cleaning up/maintaining the track, possible dirt section, scheduling etc....... Any ideas???

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think the best idea would be to see IF he's actually willing to do something like this before we get too excited. I would love to see it happen, but there are city ordinances and things that have to be looked into first to see if it is even possible. I'm willing to do what I can, but let's take it step-by-step.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i spoke to Tom Hooker a couple of weeks ago on the phone he is related to the guy that owns it... I agree maybe we could set up a time to meet and we could all exspress what we could offer then when he sits down with the owner he has ability to anwser all his questions about how we would plan to make this work.... i belive tom has already done quite a bit of research and had plans drawn up (including a dirt section)and talked to local shops about supporting the track.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone up for a meeting on what we could put together to offer the owner?? Let's figure out a time and meet out at the track to check out the condition and any possible ideas.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts