SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story goes i made a promise over two years ago and had to literally self my bike and it has sucked beyond all means to look at her every day and not be able to get on her and tear it up.

I have a :bannana:'08 SM510R:bannana: and im starting to get to the point of breaking my promise cause I WANNA F*#$ING RIDE!:damn: so I asking you fine motarded ppl for a lil help on getting her back on the track/road.

first thing is a battery cause mine was dead before so i went with a cheap bike master for now

second will be drain/change fuel

third change all oils/fluids/filters

fourth spark plug

fifth all hoses(due to dry rot on a couple)

sixth.....?

heres where yall come in

Im also upgrading.....
lights(front and rear im thinking Acerbis)
dash(trail tech/ indicator lights)
break job( figure might as well)
chain(idk brand)
sprockets(idk brand)
pipe( wanna go Big Gun but they havent came out with one yet)
?Tank?( any ideas on a bigger one more than 1.9Gal)

thanks in advance,
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Prob. gonna need a carb cleaning
no carb, 08 was the 1st year of efi.......op, drain the fuel from the tank also

·
Registered
444 Posts
I take it you mean you made a promise to someone (significant other?) to hang it up. You should have sold the bike if you were serious about this!

It sounds like you are on the right path. Have you tried firing her up to see what happens? I'd definitely change the oil and fuel, but after that run it and see what happens. Probably a good idea to flush the coolant too at this point. Doubt the plug has anything wrong with it. Maybe also clean the air filter and make sure it is oiled?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I did the same thing, almost, didn't make a promise but the time and money involved in SM racing was obviously not supported.
I'm glad you;re getting back in the saddle. I will be too shortly after I move out although I have to get myself a bike as the others were sold to pay bills.
A wise man once said to me, "Women come and they tear you to pieces, motorbikes will always be there. Don't lose that passion." I didn't. It just went on vacation for a while.
Good luck with getting back into it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
littlehandegan

Originally Posted by hookaface1

the story goes i made a promise over two years ago and had to literally self my bike and it

lolwut?
*shelf (typo)

Sorry for the delay but i changed the fuel and cleaned the tank after stripping a screw and nut on the fuel sending unit , installed battery, checked tires/tubes, fixed leaking hoses, installed temp. trash bag and rubberband gas cap, changed the oil, changed the radiator fluid, cleaned her top to bottom, ordered new sporckets and chain..........anyway........... She started on the second push of the button! HUSKY Rider For Life! but i have reached a delima my key has disappared therefore i cant ride her till i find/order a new one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts