SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It's light as a feather compared to a dedicated streetbike. If you're coming from dirt, it will feel heavy. Ditch the common stuff: reflectors, trailer hitch/tractor trailer tail light, steel exhaust system, grab strap, helmet lock, tool bag, etc. There's other ways to drop some weight, but I don't know if it's worth it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Passenger pegs...if you're going solo...just unbolt thethe left one and cut down the right...shock and awe! They're pig iron...

Depending on year you'll want to ditch the bars for something lighter...06 and older are steel and have a crossbar...

After that...lay off the donuts!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Can this done? I want to do it. I know dumb question.
http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/gallery/136763/1#4997029

Lots of people install kickstarters as a backup. I'm not sure if the cases are different as far as the E, S, and SM compared to the K model (kickstart only), so I don't know what's involved in blocking off/removing the E start system. Eddie over on ThumperTalk would know the answer to that question for sure. He knows everything about DRZ's. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep the plates and armour is heavy....but so is the ten rifle mags and ten pistol mags...lol

I don't know what gear I will get....I still have my CTI braces...Arai lid and lots of ZonZipper goggles from my old sponsership deal...all my Shift gear I gave away.....

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
hell yeah!

yeah seriously back on topic, get the kick starter.....there was a thread about this awhile ago, let me see if i can dig it up

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone ever cut down the stock muffler?Whe we first got our CRF450's our tec guy's cut the stocker down 3" untill we got our PC system......might make it look and sound better and take off a wee bit of weight?

·
Registered
418 Posts
i cut down my stock pipe, just take off the end cap and cut it about 6-8 inches down. theres a baffle plate right there and i used self tapping screws into that plate to secure the end cap. dont cut too far back and cut behind that plate though. heres a pic

1 - 20 of 21 Posts