SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
:laughingr :laughingr :laughingr

I'm interested to see how far you can go on a full 18L tank. And, how hard is it to wheelie with a full tank of gas? That's what I wanna know...

·
Registered
64 Posts
dirtykdx said:
Pfft...18L...75 Miles on a tank...pfft...

Try 7L and 50 miles to a tank :infrandom
I don't get your point. I said I got 75 miles on the stock tank. That is in the city.
I have been filling up after around 150 to 160 miles with the 18L tank
and that is usually because when out in the sticks I don't want to rely on my limited reserve.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
juggernautrider said:
I don't get your point. I said I got 75 miles on the stock tank. That is in the city.
I have been filling up after around 150 to 160 miles with the 18L tank
and that is usually because when out in the sticks I don't want to rely on my limited reserve.
I'm a tard and wasn't clear. My point was you could even get 75 miles on a tank ... I'm jealous I have to fill up 4 times on a Sunday morning ride :damn:

Gotta be nice to have that kind of range. I'm sure the credit card company is going to get on me for all these gas purchases of a gallon and a half at a time.

One thing though...that added range has got to monkey butt the hell outta ya.

·
Registered
442 Posts
175 miles of my riding style before hitting reserve.

Front end comes up just as easy with a full tank as it does partially. As long as the rear tire has grip, the front will loft, even leaned over.

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SUMORYDR said:
:laughingr :laughingr :laughingr

I'm interested to see how far you can go on a full 18L tank. And, how hard is it to wheelie with a full tank of gas? That's what I wanna know...

I havn't done a range test yet, but of course the first thing I did was a wheelie test!

I'd say with a full tank of gas, the bike wheelied smoother. More like a plane taking off than jumping up. It actually is pretty cool. Made me feel like I was riding the Ducati. Smooth powerfull wheelies! I dig how the front tire chirps when I set it down! Oh yeah!

The other thing to note, is I'm currently running the dirt set-up. With the same gearing as before 16/44. But the rear wheel diameter is about 1-1/2" bigger. So the leverage difference in the rear wheel may be more of a factor than the weight of the fuel.

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, yes and yes. And I might add the seat really doesn't fit all that well either.

Tank 370, cap 65, seat 75. So from memory it was about 500.

I'm really happy with the set-up now. I can ride without worry till the seat tells me to take a break. Fill up and repeat.

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rgamma said:
I am looking at a Corbin seat, they say taht their seat works with an IMS tank. Anyone done this conversion? See here

http://www.corbin.com/ktm/ktm625smc.shtml
rgamma said:
This is not really about the seat. I would keep the stock seat if someone had a large capacity tank that worked with it. Larger tank is what I am after. Nice looking seat though.
Kevin
Ok, but beware. AFAIK the IMS does not work on the 625smc. The only tanks that I know of that work are the 9l stocker, the 12l, the 18l and the 28l. All available through KTM.

I'd ask Corbin for a picture of the bike with the IMS and thier seat. Some people have claimed with a little heat gun modification, there are other options, but I can't remember for sure what the deal was.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.