SuperMoto Junkie banner

Nwgp makin changes!?

10K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  Yamaha4Life 
#1 · (Edited)
Apparently over the w/e NWGP was handed over... This SUCKS!! According to a little bird Nwgp was turned over to someone in MN who will want to charge double plus just for a track day and run supermoto only and not mini's!! He'll lose most everybody in the series!!! The idea of Nwgp is cheap racing! NOT sportbike tracktime to make $$, but a place to race on the cheap!! Besides when Everybody is from WI,IL who wants to drive to MN to run in a parking lot with cones!! Not me!!Way to turn people away!!! I'll be all over a NEW series that's run locally (Sorry not in MN!!!) and run the same way as Ryan did it NOT more $$ to put cash in someones pocket!!!:headshake:headshake:headshake:headshake:headshake:rant::rant::rant::rant:

#37 · (Edited)
What is best........see below!!!!

I think that the post by USAir (reposted below) is a good idea, to talk about, at least, the rest of this season and maybe future seasons. This way everyone can get the facts and add in their opinion's on the direction and situations that face our beloved North Woods GP. We all know that Ryan, Boogie, and many others have put in countless hours and their own dollars to continue this series and the least we can do is talk about how to make it work for everyone. So I will be attending the meeting (moved to Sunday according to Facebook) and I hope others will also, #62 "Back of the Pack" Jon W.

p.s. I seriously hope no one took my sarcastic remarks in previous post literal, this is why we need to talk face to face, no reading into forum post.

p.s.s. We need to add two classes spec crf100, and RACE MOPED/ANY MOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We at US Air Motorsports would like to extend a welcome to anyone that would like to come and discuss the current and future events for mini and supermoto racing on September 6th & 7th and use the top of the tech building for a meeting room. There has been a lot of questions, some asked and answered and some not. To not further divide the group maybe some discussion would be beneficial. We feel at this point in time the racers need to share their input and ideas in order to create a stronger well run series. Possibly a rider consortium - everybody's input needs to be expressed in a round table scenario, all options looked at and shared amongst the group of racers and hopefully the negative issues can be resolved for the remainder of the 2014 season and also the upcoming 2015 season. There are multiple directions the racers can go - we feel there needs to be a discussion held between the racers for the racers and decisions made by the racers for the racers. This is everyone's opportunity to voice your opinion in an open forum, need not bring your bike but come to talk. This is after all supposed to be fun, when it stops being fun we all lose out.

September 6th we have 2 private parties till 4pm, you can practice after then till dusk for $25.00 - on the 7th it is a designated NWGP race day, we need to get a honest head count on who is participating as we have large expenses to cover, please email us at info@usairmotorsports.com If there aren't enough entries and the general consensus is to have a controlled track day (no karts) we can also go in that direction. "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.