SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to race all the canadian nationals this season , and there seems to be no official numberplate system in affect i can see.
am i missing it ? or is it not in place.
this system works great for the ama races for fan / class recognition and visual appeal.

using the cmrc logo in the nameband area at the top of the plate and the series major sponsor in the bacround , with class colors for the backrounds will certainly give sponsor appeal and make for a proffessional appearence.

let me know what to do , or i can do my own .:thumbup:

ryan kerr-287 ama lites

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once the promoter adopts it , then he should require all riders to have them.- they normally run $75.00 us a set not much for the value they add

·
Registered
84 Posts
some bikes run in more than one class, so how woud the colored backgroounds for different classes work for them?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good point about multiple classes... as well most people have their decals/numbers ready for this upcoming season already, it would suck large having to re-order your numbers.... it would have to be a change done at the end of the 2008 season to come into affect for 2009....
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys i was thinking about the premeire /pro classes only .
again as ama does to seperate the look and to recognize the pro bikes and riders.
but it would be great for all classes.
250smx pro - 450 smx pro- open pro----anyone in these classes riding the same bike in multiple classes at the pro class level undoubtedly has more than one set of plastic, which can be changed out in about five minutes or less.
hopefully i made myself more clear and remember the idea is to make the appearence of a bigtime show and proffessional atmosphere to show off as many sponsors as possible and give them their monies worth on every bike and quad out there.:thumbup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is a system in place guy's. Fairly simple white plate black number pro 450 and open. Black back ground white number pro 250. Semi pro yellow back black number. You want a your number pre register with the office if it ain't gone then it's your's. First come first serve except for the top 10 finisher's from the year before. vet's and mini's not sure but think Quads are blue back black numbers,semipro yellow back black numbers's for quad's. I think CMRC try to follow AMA to a extent. Good organization of plate's make's it look very proffesional for a awsome show.:clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Banned
323 Posts
Yea I agree with most of you... we do have a system and it's basic.. I know the AMA has the nice Red Bull plates and those are cool.. eventually, hopefully we can all get to a point where we look like a million bucks out there.. after we are all professionals one way or another.. I just don't think anyone should be allowed to have electrical tape for numbers in the premier pro classes.. that's not cool.. it's actually kinda gay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts