SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I should show the wife this one. http://youtu.be/v0A1dwWK588 My friend on his sport bike and me on my SMR 510.
(posted in the vid section too) just thought you Husq guys might like to see. :thumbup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it was kinda tame, my buddy had a new bike and I was working in my new tires. Nothing crazy, just a good mash.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm jealous, roads like that are a ways off from MPLS, AND my seat has been mailed off to seatconcepts, so i'm at least a week and a half from riding at all. killing me sitting in the garage... it's like winter all over again.

·
Registered
444 Posts
He needs to wind that thing out a bit, at first I thought his tach was broken! I don't think he ever got it over 6500 rpm in the video. Nice looking road. Even though it is a double yellow, you guys had plenty of room to pass, but do you ever get motorists pissed and reading you the riot act when you stop? I've had people get all sorts of pissed off when we pass over a double yellow and I try not to anymore unless it is a clear shot for us bikes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Guano Apes familiar Sumo song... I think every video Supermotogladiator has posted has that song... never gets old, still gets me pumped.

Yeah, the Daytona 675 needs to get its heart rate up! The tach goes to 18k at least get it above 10k ;)

Regarding the motorists getting pissed about being passed... As long as you don't put them in danger or cut close too them (i.e. a clean pass that in no way affected their day); f*%k them. If they confront you, just say that passing allowed both of you to go at your respective preferred pace and you are sorry if it startled them, but the double yellow is for the trucks, buses, VW vans with 49hp, and you waited until it was safe to zip by.

If they are still mad, just smile and wish them a nice day and leave because they are shitty human beings not worth wasting energy on.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Guano Apes familiar Sumo song... I think every video Supermotogladiator has posted has that song... never gets old, still gets me pumped.

Yeah, the Daytona 675 needs to get its heart rate up! The tach goes to 18k at least get it above 10k ;)

Regarding the motorists getting pissed about being passed... As long as you don't put them in danger or cut close too them (i.e. a clean pass that in no way affected their day); f*%k them. If they confront you, just say that passing allowed both of you to go at your respective preferred pace and you are sorry if it startled them, but the double yellow is for the trucks, buses, VW vans with 49hp, and you waited until it was safe to zip by.

If they are still mad, just smile and wish them a nice day and leave because they are shitty human beings not worth wasting energy on.
Well put, I usually employ this method as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I usually say "was that a double yellow? I could have sworn it was a dashed yellow...":rolleyes2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
He needs to wind that thing out a bit, at first I thought his tach was broken! I don't think he ever got it over 6500 rpm in the video. Nice looking road. Even though it is a double yellow, you guys had plenty of room to pass, but do you ever get motorists pissed and reading you the riot act when you stop? I've had people get all sorts of pissed off when we pass over a double yellow and I try not to anymore unless it is a clear shot for us bikes.
That road is so long that once you pass someone you never see them again. Passing people is the only option on that road, people in Albuquerque are so oblivious and self centered that it never occurs to them that anyone might want to go faster than they are going, and even if they realized that they would never go to the trouble of pulling a bit to the side for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a friend with a Daytona 675 and how in the world any human being can ride that bike and not take the engine north of 10k rpms is beyond me. It's a fantastic motor. I don't have that much self control.

·
Registered
236 Posts
people in Albuquerque are so oblivious and self centered that it never occurs to them that anyone might want to go faster than they are going, and even if they realized that they would never go to the trouble of pulling a bit to the side for you.
Pretty sure that trait is inherent with all Americans, not just those around Albuquerque. There is virtually no comprehension of lane discipline on multi-lane highways with most zombie cagers in the US picking a lane to park in, clogging traffic flow, so it is no surprise they wouldn't even consider pulling over on a single lane road for someone wishing to pass.

At least on roads with single lanes you have the option to pass in the opposing lane. :D

Not sure which would irritate a zombie cager more 1) splitting lanes at 70mph to get past left lane blockers on the interstates; or 2) passing zombie cagers dawdling along on single lane roads with no passing zones defined for the sheep by the Sheppard?

As motorcyclists it is our duty to continue to do both frequently to gather as much data as possible to someday determine an answer. :rofl:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes, it is common over here, I might just add in all of North America for that matter because Canadians are horrible drivers too.

It seems there is an entire regiment of self appointed speed controllers that refuse to move right and feel it is their self imposed duty to keep traffic at or below the speed limit, then they get mad if you pass. I never take it personal if someone wants to go faster than me, I move over hopefully before they have to slow down, I just wont jump to the right and let them pass if I'm also right behind someone since I'm also waiting for that person to move over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts