SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post this here as well, since the track is pretty close to Tucson and Phoenix AZ. We get a lot of riders from both.

WHEN: September 12th
WHERE: Arroyo Seco Raceway; Demming, NM (3.5 hours east of Tucson, AZ. Right off I-10)
WHAT: Arroyo Seco Motorcylist Association is holding another race event on the 12th of September. The Supermoto event is held in conjunction with the club racing activities. Motards are also eligible for Lightweight twins and Formula 2 if you'd like to have a go on the full roadcourse as well. For the full course, bring tall enough gears for about 100mph top speed.

ASMA is a rider-run type of organization which makes for a fun weekend of racing. Tech is easy (esp. for SM bikes) and the track is safe. No walls, no barriers.

For further info check their website www.asmaracing.com

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Why not minis?

I have a TTR125 and XR 100 but don't think they would quite make it in your class. Is there any thought of such a class for these little things? I hate to have to drive to PHX. I live in LC.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a large crowd that comes down from Pheonix to race. I thought the trip was like 5.5 to 6 hours. I probably wounldn't drive that for Supermoto only, but if you want some open track racing we could use the company.

For the first half of the race season, they were holding some pit bike racing on Saturday evening. Just for fun though, roundy round stuff around hay bales on pavement. Now that they went back to only racing on Sunday I don't know how that will effect the pit bike play time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bermuda triangle! That's funny.
I'm looking at moving to KY, it's the same thing. Minimum drive time to track 4+ hours.
In any direction too.

Helmet Harbors (Phoenix) offers a arrive and fly program on their web site. Drop off your bike with them, get on a private plane, your bike will meet you at the track. It's like $550, track fees included. Initially I thought it sounded like a lot of money, but I just spent $1500 driving to Mid-Ohio and back. I'm not trying to pimp this to anyone, but I just found out about it and thought it interesting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts