SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I'm Keith, live in New Mexico. Not new to bikes, have been riding motocross and street for years. Sold the bikes because I wanted something different. Looked into supermoto and thought, "That looks like the best of both!" :)

I'm looking into buying a used bike, street legal. I'd be riding the bike 100% on the street, 0% track. Primarily stunts, playing around town, perhaps the occasional trip up the twisty mountain roads. Budget is flexible, but from what I've seen it looks like $4k-$6k would get me a good used bike. Are there certain things to look out for with SM bikes? Is there one particular bike that stands out as "the bike" to get for the style of riding I'd like to do? I'm 27 and far from settled down so I'd prefer something that I won't get bored with (i.e., underpowered). ;) A friend of mine has a couple supermoto bikes and he's letting me take his DRZ400 out later today. :thumbup: Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends on how much you are into the style verses shat the bike can do. I have a 01 LC4 which many people consider "long in the tooth". I cut the number panels to match the shape of the 625 and switched to all black plastic and LED tail light under the a enduro fender and LED blinkers. The bike is fast and I like the new look. It cost 1/2 new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts