SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the folks near Northern VA every go to this or are going this Saturday ???

Supposed to be giant tractor tires, and logs to cross, as well as a woods section or something.

Barry

www.nnkatv.com

Event Update! November 6th at 8am
Outlaw Enduro Cross Race Saturday November 6th! Gates open @ 8am. Races start @ 10am. Gate fee is $10. Race fee is $30. Classes for quads & dirtbikes. Call for class info @ 540 809 8902 or 804 761 5245. Sand drag starts @ 3:00pm

Check the Admission page for rules and more information.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Hey Barry! I have some friends heading down to race, but I'm stuck working this Sat...:headshake It looks like it would be a fun day too...
Here's some more info on it.

Outlaw EnduroCross and Sand Drag
When Sat, November 6, 10am – 5pm
Where 4618 Leedstown Rd., Colonial Beach VA 22443

·
Registered
280 Posts
Barry posted it to Donovan's Facebook page... now Donovan's prepping the 150. :lol:

The 250 isn't ready because we still haven't gotten all of the parts in for us to make it woods ready.

I called Frank and he said the classes will be A, B, C and Vet 35+. He warned me that there was no Youth class so Donovan would have to run against the big boys. :laughingr

I believe he said that it'll be the endurocross/MX and a couple of miles of woods racing. (One thing to keep in mind, they're doing a quad race, too, so the woods trail will be plenty wide for bikes.) It's a 2 hour race, dead engine start. Gates will be open by 8 (he's shooting for 730), race at 10 (I forgot to ask, but I assume the bikes and quads will run separately). Drag racing starts at 3ish.

It's not hard to find. If you go east on 3 to Oak Grove, that's where the traffic light is that you'd turn left to go to the Colonial Beach drag strip. Instead, turn right and the park is down on the left.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Barry-

Are you going to run it?
Thought about it. Didn't get to do maintenance on the dirt bike and have some other stuff I need to do, so no. But it did get my attention.

Barry

·
Registered
280 Posts
Barry posted it to Donovan's Facebook page... now Donovan's prepping the 150. :lol:

The 250 isn't ready because we still haven't gotten all of the parts in for us to make it woods ready.
Well, spoke too soon. Todd's putting the various guards on the 250 today and if he and Donovan can get the basic setup of the suspension done (sag, etc) then Donovan might be riding orange tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well, spoke too soon. Todd's putting the various guards on the 250 today and if he and Donovan can get the basic setup of the suspension done (sag, etc) then Donovan might be riding orange tomorrow. :D
Which 250 did you guys get? I'm strongly considering one for the woods next year and one of the KTM's has come up on the short list.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Which 250 did you guys get? I'm strongly considering one for the woods next year and one of the KTM's has come up on the short list.
You didn't see the pics on FB?

Picked up a 2011 KTM 250 SX-F from Harold at Ridersville Cycle a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't have any left. He had 2, we took one and he was telling us that someone was thinking about putting a deposit on the other one. He said he won't be getting anymore until probably Feb or Mar. He did have a few leftover 09s and 10s for hella good prices.

Y'all missed out. Only 6 bikes showed up so they only did a 90 min race. Donovan stalled & crashed on the parade lap. :rofl: But I think by the end of the 90 mins, he was getting a pretty good feel for the 250. He's looking forward to the VCHSS race next weekend.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Must have missed that one. Figured it was an sx-f. There is a guy in Fredrick who is practically giving one away right now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What was the course like ???

·
Registered
280 Posts
What was the course like ???
Donovan said: "awesome"

But I thought it was extremely short. Their MX and Endurocross course isn't really much to brag about. They were telling me there was some insurance issue that they couldn't run the full woods course (8 miles) so it was cut to about 2 miles of woods. It wasn't tight because the quads needed to be able to get through. Not that it mattered since 6 bikes don't take up much space and got spread out fairly well. Plus 2 bikes quit. One, I'm not sure what happened. I think he was more MX than woods and someone said they saw his bark buster was folded under the bar, so he may have just given up. The other guy (if you're reading this, sorry, can't remember your name!!) was on a KLR 250. He's the same guy that came out to the CB drag strip and ran his KLR650. :thumbup: He ran for about an hour, felt good and called it a day. Donovan came to a stop at scoring at the end and looked absolutely confused as to why we were telling him to get off the course. He said he was having so much fun, he didn't realize his 90 mins were up. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts