SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great, another freaking two wheel obsession to soak up my time and money... right on!!

I can't count how many bikes I've owned and I hope this one will be one of th most fun.

Two years ago I rode a DR400SM around VIR (Virginia Int'l Raceway) for a 20 minute session at a track day and have kept going back to that in my mind for the past two years. Fast forward to two weeks ago when I got a cherry '04 YZ450 (bought new originally in '05). There wasn't even any dust under the gas tank when I took it off!

New stuff is coming in every day, here is what I'm starting with:

Excel rims and hubs
320 brake kit with relocator bracket
new chain (non o-ring) and sprockets
Acerbis fender
Acerbis hand guards
UFO peg sliders
Maxxis slicks
New levers
DP brake pads
Goodrich front braided line (I think- can't remember which one)
Graphics kit
Carbon fiber catch tray (hope to race some this year)
New grips etc.

I am going to have to start with stock suspension and tweak it. I'll probably get that sorted out in the coming months.

I'll be at VIR the 24th and 25th of march with Cornerspeed.

Dan

BTW- Are there no tard riders in NC? What's up with that?

·
4,852 Posts
Welcome to the site! Looks like your well on your way to building a sweet SM. VIR is a sweet track. We (SEMRA) used to have races up there on the Kart track. Next time your up there, see if Skeeter (kart track manager) will let you on for a few laps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Yeah Dan, there's quite a few of us actually. Pretty fair contingent up here in the mountain region. We get together 'bout once a month in the spring/summer/fall.

Keep an eye on the ride alerts for WNC EPIC RIDES. They're rides you'll tell your grandkids about.:thumbup: We get rders come up from Marion, Charlotte, and South Carolina. Real good dudes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nc

I'll be just south of charlotte in early may, good to know some tarders will be out there with me! I also have a '06 R1 that i pretend is a supermoto :arsenal

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah Dan, there's quite a few of us actually. Pretty fair contingent up here in the mountain region. We get together 'bout once a month in the spring/summer/fall.

Keep an eye on the ride alerts for WNC EPIC RIDES. They're rides you'll tell your grandkids about.:thumbup: We get rders come up from Marion, Charlotte, and South Carolina. Real good dudes.
whats up man i gota tard i live in north carloina in the high point area looking for some guys to get up with and go riding. no one round here has motos really email me let me know some info [email protected]

·
Registered
649 Posts
Durham here. I know of three other sumo riders in the area and I've seen several others around town too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Seems like theres concentrations of riders in certain areas.. I've seen 1 supermoto dude in my area and I was in my car driving :headshake. I guess the only way to get more people into it is to spread the word on how sick they are

1 - 20 of 35 Posts