SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Supermoto riders located in or around North Carolina! We ride mostly around the Fort Bragg area. We've had rides going North to Raleigh, West to the mountains and East to ocean. If anyone is interested, I'm trying to build up a good community of Supermoto riders around here, Thank You! *Note: Youtube videos on all our rides (new addition)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rider in WNC

Thats really cool man, its kinda hard to find other supermoto riders around here. I end up riding with mostly sport bike guys, trying to convert a few of them :D .
But anyways man let me know if you are ever in the area, we'll go tear up the twisties.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just let me know when and where man. I'm going to be riding on the brp/Maggie Valley this weekend cause the rally is going on. ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah man I live in Maggie, and it's not a sumo rally or anything, it's mainly Cruisers and a few sport bikes but it's just cool seeing that many riders at one place at one time, and every now and again a group of Harley's will wave at me haha! Not much though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah man I live in Maggie, and it's not a sumo rally or anything, it's mainly Cruisers and a few sport bikes but it's just cool seeing that many riders at one place at one time, and every now and again a group of Harley's will wave at me haha! Not much though.
Ahhh sweet! i get out that way every so often.... we'll have to get together sometime and do a little riding :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ahhh sweet! i get out that way every so often.... we'll have to get together sometime and do a little riding :thumbup:
Definitely man, just let me know when you make it up this way and if I make it down your way I'll hit ya up. I'm going to be working at a camp for 2 months so I'll only be home on the weekends, but after that I should be able to ride most days! Btw what's your ride man?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Definitely man, just let me know when you make it up this way and if I make it down your way I'll hit ya up. I'm going to be working at a camp for 2 months so I'll only be home on the weekends, but after that I should be able to ride most days! Btw what's your ride man?
Ahhh cool deal..... I usually work M-F anyways so weekends are usually my only playtime too (gotta stay local during the week). I ride a 2000 Kawi KDX-200.... both sumo and dirt. She's old and not the fastest thing out there, but I still love it.... she's reliable and gets me around wherever I want to go :thumbup:

It's also my dirt bike

And dual sport

And occasional track beast, lol.... she does it all. And that orange R6 that's passing me, is my buddy Mike.... I ride dirt with him as well. He was just with us today, in the very first pic, blue Yamaha YZ-250 #9

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a sweet bike man! I really like two smokes off road, I was thinking about getting one for my sumo setup but I found a 2008 Husaberg FE450e, it still gets dirtbike duty every now and again haha, and it gets up and goes pretty good still not the fastest thing out there either... If I had the 650 that might be a different story lol.

This is when I first got it.

And this is what it is now.

These are just some other pics

My friend Jacob rides the gixxer 600 in the pic, I've got him wanting a sumo now

And this was yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hell yea... sweet bike as well! :thumbup:

Kinda funny, I was just up there at Waterrock Knob overlook last week, lol. A buddy (from the KDX forum) was out staying in Maggie Valley for a big Hayabusa meet they have every year, and we met up and rode a little bit. Parked just a couple spaces over from where you're at there, lol :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hell yea... sweet bike as well! :thumbup:

Kinda funny, I was just up there at Waterrock Knob overlook last week, lol. A buddy (from the KDX forum) was out staying in Maggie Valley for a big Hayabusa meet they have every year, and we met up and rode a little bit. Parked just a couple spaces over from where you're at there, lol :lol:

Haha that's pretty cool man, what are the chances we parked in almost the exact spot. Water rock is only like 10-15 minutes from my place I go up there all the time, one of the best views in the area imo. And that pic below where you said "and a dual sport" was that up on Blacks Camp Gap road near the mason marker?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Good stuff, love the area. Don't get down that way often enough.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Eastern KY. Yes, plenty of curvy mountain roads.:thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Haha that's pretty cool man, what are the chances we parked in almost the exact spot. Water rock is only like 10-15 minutes from my place I go up there all the time, one of the best views in the area imo. And that pic below where you said "and a dual sport" was that up on Blacks Camp Gap road near the mason marker?
Yea Waterrock Knob is awesome..... my buddy Scott and I did some hiking from there a couple years ago, trying to find that crashed airplane in the woods. Never did find it though..... we're planning on going back and trying again

No that was a road not too far from my house.... actually just down the road from where we ride dirt at (Brown Mountain OHV)..... on the map it's Maple Grove Church Rd, but on the road sign it's Maple Sally Rd, so that's what we always call it. That pic is from where I have the first dot of the route start on this map, in that little switchback right before hwy 90 (which is another sweet dual sporting road.... it's gravel in that part there.... and leads to some other killer DS roads as well.... they're alllllll over, lol). Follow that road all the way down, I started at Adako Rd..... it's about 20 miles and rarely a straight section on it, lol..... it's pretty much one lane most of the way, and goes on for what seems like foorrreeevver, lol. It's fun though.... real popular dual sporting road around here. There's a bunch of trails off of it too but I don't venture off on them..... heard of too many people getting tickets (game cameras)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/36.0091837,-81.7298254/35.9063246,-81.6975924/@36.0015655,-81.7307684,14.5z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-81.727805!2d35.9708625!3s0x8850c284764f3469:0x69069d896f96e23e!1m0!3e0

A couple more pics from that road on the way up

Literally a couple seconds after this pic a group of I think 3 or 4 other dual sports came around that corner there a little ways behind me. I just jumped in behind them and we all rode up, lol. It was a good time :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah man when I was younger my friend Nathan and I went up there looking for the plane too, we didn't find it that time but he went back and found it. He said it was cool but super eerie. And those roads look awesome! Definitely have to slap on the knobby's again after camp is over and you could "accidentally" get some dirt on your tag before hitting the trails that go off road ;) There's some really good DS roads around here out towards Fines Creek/ Max Patch and there are a few in Maggie and Waynesville but I've had the police come out and stop me because someone called and said there were dirt bikes riding up there... which was kinda true but it's a legal one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Eastern KY. Yes, plenty of curvy mountain roads.:thumbup:
Sounds like a great place man! And how do you like your Aprilia? I've been looking at getting one for some time. Maintenance isn't a bother (ride a berg) but how is parts availability? Thanks, Kaleb

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah man when I was younger my friend Nathan and I went up there looking for the plane too, we didn't find it that time but he went back and found it. He said it was cool but super eerie. And those roads look awesome! Definitely have to slap on the knobby's again after camp is over and you could "accidentally" get some dirt on your tag before hitting the trails that go off road ;) There's some really good DS roads around here out towards Fines Creek/ Max Patch and there are a few in Maggie and Waynesville but I've had the police come out and stop me because someone called and said there were dirt bikes riding up there... which was kinda true but it's a legal one.

Awesome..... Sounds like some great spots as well! I've heard about the max patch before but never been up there. I'll def have to get out there and check it out sometime ??

I'm wanting to get an extra set of stock wheels for my bike so I can keep some actual DS tires mounted. I hate running my dirt tires on the road cuz they burn up so quick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Awesome..... Sounds like some great spots as well! I've heard about the max patch before but never been up there. I'll def have to get out there and check it out sometime

I'm wanting to get an extra set of stock wheels for my bike so I can keep some actual DS tires mounted. I hate running my dirt tires on the road cuz they burn up so quick
Yeah man definitely a cool spot, it's a bald up there so it's got sweet 360 views, and you can see into Tennessee from there. Whenever you want to go check it out let me know man, I'd love to ride up there again, I used to play bluegrass/folk music up there at a lodge/retreat every fall.

Yeah I wish i had the extra dough to get another set of wheels too, man that'd be the setup

1 - 20 of 53 Posts