SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of motards around lately, and a husky 510 on my block, (im the dude who leaned out the window and gave crazy props in petaluma) You folks on here? Lets ride? braaap

·
Registered
34 Posts
yar im in San Carlos. if anyone wants to get a ride going hit me up. im on a Duke 690 not exactly a moto but hey, you have to take what you can get.

·
Registered
205 Posts
you guys should check bayarearidersforum.com. check out group rides or the motard forum... lots of local people on that board.

·
Registered
111 Posts
neither am i. i actually kinda dislike that forum. the skippolinis meets wednesday nights in concord are fun though. Im in concord btw

·
Registered
111 Posts
ive ripped skaggs on my r1 and that is by far i think the best road for bikes around here. the front side is great on the r1 the back side is better for the tard. ridden bolinas once i think. you around here? i have an 04 625 smc too

·
Registered
111 Posts
i know teeroy lives like 2 seconds away from me but ive never ridden with him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im in santa rosa i too have seen a lot of motards and have posted quite a bit to get rides to gether with no luck i would love to get a group ride some time.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bbessler, I have four buddies with tards in santa rosa and there is me in petaluma. We have not been riding on the street alot lately, but when we do I will post up on here. Do you ever checkout bike nite at starbucks?

·
Registered
17 Posts
sounds good i would love to get a group of sumos goin send me a pm whenever you get a ride setup. What night is bike night at starbucks? and which starbucks?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am going to be goin to ssu in the fall, living in rohnert park area. I have been kickin round bringing my 525exc streetard with me but not how the area is with theft and I really really dont want my baby turned into a rust bucket...... bike cover is all the cover it would get....

any info recomendatoins for area, also if I do bring it I am so down for a ride but I only have about a 75mile range... short range lots of fun :)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
huba, the riding up here is incredible, get an apartment where you can park in the living room and wallah no worries. I left my KTM outside for 6 months in Petaluma which is one town south of Rohnert Park and had no issues, although it was chained to a post.

bbessler bike night is on thursday nights at the starbucks by costco, its a nice group of mixed riders. But there are a few SMs that show up from time to time. I have not been in a year or so.

I'll post up a meeting place for a ride next time we go out. Google Map Fairfax Bolinas Rd and check one of the spots out! Supermoto only on that road!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in Lakeport. Like to carve 175 ( Hopland ), Mountain House, Mountain View, Comptche / Orr Springs..... Riding a 650r street tard. I also watch the NBSR boards.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in Santa Rosa. Aprilia SXV550. After years of riding Sonoma county roads I just started riding the Marin County back roads and HWY 1. Last weekend found some killer Motard roads. I'm going to explore more Marin roads this Sat 7-5. Unfortunately I have to back in Santa Rosa by 2pm. My nephew is in an allstar baseball championship game. So I'm going to head out around 8am. Anyone want to join me? Ken

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bikenite at starbucks is not BARF, its the local NBSR forums, which I have not posted on in almost a year.

RJT the furthest north i have gone is fish rock rd, I'm sure there is tons of territory up further north, but the haul is a KILLER!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea Scottie,
It is a haul to get up this way. I stick to the paved roads because I'm running CBR wheels on my XR and in the machining I had to do away with the dust seals. When the XR is in DS trim Fish Rock Rd is a good rip. Another good SM loop is Healdsburg/Geysers Rd to Cloverdale/Geysers Rd. When some one posts up a ride if I can fit it in I'll show.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, moved most my roomates and I's stuff in to the apt. today. were in Rohnert park, just off commerce.... ne way on the way back we were kickin round comin down before school starts and doin a SM ride/ maybe whole weekend... we will have a duke, my 525 and maybe a 450... any road suggestions? or what roads not to take?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts