SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Looking into an SM for general use and urban riding, maybe a track day too. I'm 5'5", so will likely need to makes some suspension adjustments. Currently riding a modded SV650 and did 7 track days last year in the North East. Now living in Chicago, so I'm looking into local rides, but the midwest is lacking in turns. :rolleyes: Nothing new for 2011 from yamaha, or suzuki unfortunately, but I'm looking into a wr250x or DRZ400.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
202 Posts
both bikes would be great if you get the wr buy the lowering dog bone, etc.

i have a wr and love it picked it cause fi over carb. 6 speed over 5, aluminum frame over steel. nicer looking, also the maintenance, wr needs the valves checked at 26k miles, oil changes every 2k or 3k almost like a car, its still a 250 and will need uncorked and add a full exhaust power commander and maybe a big bore kit/turbo kits ? drz guys will tell you a lot about the 400 also i don't have any experience with the dizzer.

hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I hear nothing but positive feedback about the wr250x, with the exception of power of course. I don't think the turbo kit is cost effective, but the big bore kit seems like a good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
test ride?

Anyone in the Chicago area with a DRZ or WR interested in swaping rides for a few miles? I have nicely tuned SV650 to offer...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts