SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have owned my WR250X for one week and would have to say I have had more fun with this bike than either of my sport bikes :thumbup:

Anyway on to the help needed part. I want to change the oil and filter and have looked in the manual but I still cannot figure out where the oil "bleeder bolt" is located.

It is the bolt they say to remove (think they mean loosen) after the oil and filter change to purge any air from the system.

I have looked all over the bike and have found probably 3 or 4 bolts that have copper washers under them but can't figure out from the crappy little pic which one it is.

I wish they would have included a little more of the location in the pic.

Oh well, any help would be most appreciated :clap:

BTW this is a great forum, lots of good info and tips!

Thx,
Bob

Here's a pic of the new ride, it's a blue and white one LOL!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zc1!!!

I never would have guessed that was it, Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
fyi,

You don't have to take it all the way off, just back out most of the way. Then bunch a paper towel underneath it, start and idle the motor with your finger on the kill switch, and once oil starts seeping, kill the motor and screw it back in.

·
Registered
171 Posts
...Just wanted to give an official pic to our Supermotojunky forum. :thumbup:

...hey 96 LXR....tighten your chain!
...........its doing "that thing" on the teeth

·
Registered
351 Posts
...Just wanted to give an official pic to our Supermotojunky forum. :thumbup:

...hey 96 LXR....tighten your chain!
...........its doing "that thing" on the teeth

DAMN 08wr250x..........good catch!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. Did the oil change, 307 on the clock and the oil looked pretty decent. Little bit of color, no bad stuff.

I did however remove the bleed bolt. Kind of a stinker to get all the way out (actually it was way harder getting it started putting it back in).

I can see now that it should just be loosened and wait for the oil.

I am going to tighten the chain. I've seen lots of threads on the "chain thing" and I noticed it on my bike right away. I've never seen a sprocket with that black insert on both sides, maybe for noise reduction?

I'm gonna use some tie downs and pull the back end down to be sure the chain is not too tight.

I do know that when you pull on it, it sits down on the sprocket like it should.

Thanks for all the help,
Bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
...just did the oil/filter on mine too, and it looked fine at 516miles. :thumbup:

...tasted just fine :poo::poo:

:headscrat Can't get the oil window to show level correctly before or after the first oil change? :headscrat

Anybody else?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:headscrat Can't get the oil window to show level correctly before or after the first oil change? :headscrat

Anybody else?
I put in 1.5 quarts and it is right at the top mark. Maybe have someone lean it over for you, maybe it's overfilled?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts