SuperMoto Junkie banner
1,501 - 1,520 of 1,555 Posts
I'm near McGuire AFB. I've got plans for some multi day trips up to the Adirondacks, up to/through Maine and back, truckin' down to western NC/eastern TN and some trips to WV in mind.

Any good local Jersey riding? I've been up by Frenchtown on my way to Promised Land State Park in PA, seemed like some potential there and further north along the river.

I'm near McGuire AFB. I've got plans for some multi day trips up to the Adirondacks, up to/through Maine and back, truckin' down to western NC/eastern TN and some trips to WV in mind.

Any good local Jersey riding? I've been up by Frenchtown on my way to Promised Land State Park in PA, seemed like some potential there and further north along the river.
Yeah I've been riding there a few times. It's about 2 hours from me but there's some good riding out there for sure.

dangit!

Cant believe it took me so long to find this thread!!! Im in Atlantic City and have been trying to figure out when New Jersey Motorsports Park does sumo?! They're website says only mini bikes and can't get ahold of anybody on the phone. Iv seen youtube videos of people riding there. Can anybody hook me up with some knowledge on that track?

Cant believe it took me so long to find this thread!!! Im in Atlantic City and have been trying to figure out when New Jersey Motorsports Park does sumo?! They're website says only mini bikes and can't get ahold of anybody on the phone. Iv seen youtube videos of people riding there. Can anybody hook me up with some knowledge on that track?
Look up NJ Mini GP on google and/or facebook, talk to Ryan Fleming. Their focus is on minis but they do an asphalt only SM class. Good people, great times.

There's also OVRP up in Cuddlebackville, NY. If you want to do some track days up there next year, cruise up to my place near McGuire AFB and we'll trailer up! :bannana: I've yet to hit OVRP due to a deployment this year, plan on getting there next season for sure.

I did thunderbolt last weekend on a SMR 450. Def runs out of steam quick. Team promotion may be running lightning on October 24-25 if there is enough interest. Interested in the mini gp also heard some guys talking about it saying they usually skip the SM class unless people actually show up for it.

OK i requested to join the group, anybody know if they do open practice days? are there enough big bikes to get races going consistently?

Im down to do a trip to the track in NY, never raced before though...

OK i requested to join the group, anybody know if they do open practice days? are there enough big bikes to get races going consistently?

Im down to do a trip to the track in NY, never raced before though...
They do some here and there but usually they do full weekends with practice Saturday, racing Sunday.

Firstly-I've done races but I'm still slow as hell. Secondly-I don't care that I'm slow and in the back of the pack because track riding is fuuunnnn!:bannana: Plus, they have lots of open practice too so it's all good either way.

Awesome, I'm not so much worried about being fast,just wanna make sure i have everything that the track requires. I just have to get some leathers and a catch can for my bike. Anybody got recommendations. I tried searching the forums but haven't found any concrete reviews

Some tracks let you wear MX gear if you want but I'll never do that, I like my skin too much. As far as leathers my best bit of advice is don't search the bargain bin (IE BiLt and other knockoff Cycle Gear shit) because when you need the leather to do it's job it won't. I got an AXO one piece from my buddy for a steal because he's sponsored (sport bikes) and it's the shiznit. I've put it to the test quite a few times and it's still going strong. There are some closeouts on some Alpinestars and other decent prices for other okay to good brands on Motorcyclesuperstore.com right now as well. As far as catch tank, you can make one yourself out of PVC pipe.

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?79923-How-to-make-a-catch-can-tutorial

Or if you want a nicely finished product, there's a member here (APA) who owns a company that sells good stuff:

http://motohose.com/epages/a63cd3c7-4c1b-4f87-864e-06f1ef9212ba.sf/en_US/?ViewAction=ViewPaged&ObjectID=2122621&PageSize=1&Page=2

If you are on facebook, join the Northeast Supermoto Racers group, good info there and I'm pretty sure it's either the owners or the race organizers for OVRP who are posting so you can nail down the exact prep requirements from them if you like. Typically, it's catch tank on all vent lines, 1 way vent on the gas cap, any bolt with liquid behind what the bolt is holding safety wired (oil filter cover, oil drain (both if 2) coolant drain bolt, radiator cap).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/383891974984466/

1,501 - 1,520 of 1,555 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.