SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking online and found out that it is possible to do a conversion of Honda cbr 250rr wheels (3 or 6 spoke) to fit onto a drz 400. Its super cheap and looks awesome! The only problem is that cbr 250 wheels are super hard to come by and its really starting to piss me off looking all over for them. But I was thinking would maybe ninja 250 wheels work? they are a little bit narrower then the cbr wheels but have the same axle diameter. please give your thoughts and any page sites that maybe helpful. Thanks for the help!!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been doing some research on this since I saw your post. I knew the CBR250 wheels will also fit my WR450. In my searching I have found one guy who put Ninja 250 wheels on his WR. I have not had any luck on finding anything about the DR. I have an 03 Ninja 250 wrecked at my other shop. I am going to go one day this week and dig it out. I will get the wheels torn off of it and begin seeing what all it would take to make the swap. hit me up for any measurements or other info you might want. I will do all I can to help ya. If this will work I know it will save me a heck of a lot on wheels.

·
Registered
637 Posts
You're gonna hafta do some research. Just because wheels off a Honda 250 will fit up is no reason why wheels off a Kawasaki 250 would. Also, I'm pretty sure the older Ninja 250s were running 16" wheels, so even if they did fit, finding decent tires would suck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yfzttracer, Pm later this week with any mesurements. I went out ride with someone who had an 08 ninja yesturday, and the rear wheel was a little bit too wide. Im not sure about the older models though. let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
usafcodyk did you ever find out if the Kawi wheels would fit your drz because I'm running into the same issues on how the supermoto wheels cost soo much and I'm on a tight budget?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts