SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am new to the forums and just wanted to bounce some questions off of you guys.

I am a motocross, dunes, woods, singletrack rider with a side sportbike habit. I have been riding for nearly 15 years and have been very interested in supermoto for a couple years now. I owned a DRZ400SM for over a year but it was so ridiculously underpowered compared to my CRF450R that I sold it.

I am now looking at a 2004 KTM 450 MXC that is street legal and would like to dual purpose this bike for supermoto. Does anybody have any good references on where and what wheels and brake setups are available for the bike? Just plan on buying a new set of sprokets, chain, wheels and front rotor but I am not exactly sure what will fit on the bike.

As far as riding where is a good place to start? I race autoX in my car once a month with the occasional track day, I do some canyon/mountain riding on the sportbike at least once a week, and I am very comfortable on pretty much any bike.

As far as technique I am not quite comfortable with the "backing it in" technique. Is there a good way to practice? Should I just go to my local kart track that does sumo and give it a shot?

Any advise? I am far from a novice rider and love to race. I am just not really sure to where to start with this one.

I am currently in Los Angeles but I am moving back up to Seattle at the end of the month.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
:welcome: to SMJ!

Sounds like you have all the riding tools.

I have a friend who builds championship winning Honda autocrossers. GTR out of Maryland. He was a TM dealer for a while too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts