SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I Just took delivery of my 2010 Yamaha WR250X This morning. It was shipped to my home. When the bike is on the kickstand, I cannot see any oil reading in the view window. I have put about 25 miles on it already today with no engine warning light, but I am concerned. Should I be? Should I try to add a small amount of Mobile1 (auto, that's all I have at the moment) until I see a reading. Would the Mobile1 hurt the engine? Sorry for the noob questions, I'm new to this. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
if you can see oil while holding the bike level.. its okay.. however if you are just thinking there was oil in there before it came outta the box.. no, pretty sure everything is shipped bone dry.. and as far as oils, go get some 4t oil from the auto store... if the bike is brand new.. your gonna be changing the oil fairly soon anyways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mean Machines

Thanks MM,
Actually, it was delivered by the GM of the dealership. It was all in running order off the truck, but I still didn't see an oil level line. What do you think about drippping a little Mobile1 in there?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry all, I'm an idiot.

OK,

I Just learned lesson number one about new motorcycle ownership. Do not overreact when you don't know what you are doing. Of course I couldn't see an oil level readiing, the bike wasn't LEVEL. :lol: What a moron.

I can see all you SM vets out there who read this roll your eyes, grit your teeth, and think to yourselves, "another genius gets a bike, and joins our ranks. Great". Sorry, I'll get better.

·
Registered
530 Posts
not at all, hope you enjoy your bike tons.. questions get answered..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts