SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Hope everyone is doing ok. I put the post below on the ktm forum, but thought I'd ask here too. Hope you'll share your thoughts. Thanks.

Hi Everyone, hope you're all well. I've just got myself an 07 690sm. Only done 50 miles, but really chuffed so far. It seems to be the fun bike I want. I've got a FZ1N which I love, but on the rubbish roads in N. Devon I just can't use it to its' potential.
Anyway, a quick question if you don't mind. My bike runs great, but idles at a shade over 3,000rpm. I'd rather it was 2,000rpm, but is it all academic anyway? I don't commute or sit in traffic, and it isn't so high that it pushes on into corners. (It's lumpy below 4,500 except for 1st and 2nd, so I keep the revs up a bit). Is the lumpyness normal below those revs, and what do you think about the idle speed?
I've had a few 4 stroke mx bikes so know they idle high, but obv never had a tacho fitted.
I'd appreciate your thoughts please. I've had a search and so far not found an answer - I've seen conflicting thoughts on whether the injected bikes do or don't have an idle adjust. Cheers (y):) My KTM.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use TuneECU to change the FI pattern and settings. The pipe has less back pressure than stock, so you need more than the 15 minute idle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts