SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

My name is Matt. I'm a nursing student from the Stuart/Port St. Lucie area of southeast Florida. I have been riding an 09 DRZ400SM for a year now (15,000 miles). Most of my riding is done around undeveloped, uh... developments? You know, the good 'ol hit-n-run style. Get in and out before the cops show up. I've cooled it down a bit since getting a "tresspass warning" for hitting some tabletops (read tee-boxes) at the local golf course. Best 5 minutes ever! Anyway, I would say more about my hobbies and stuff, but that's pretty much it. I ride, I go to school, and I ride some more. The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is the fact that not many people around my area ride motards. In fact, most of the people in Florida are so old I doubt they're even capable of sitting on a bike.

If anyone has any info on groups to ride with in my area, help is always appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome, Fort Lauderdale here, still looking for locals to ride with. I don't think I've seen another sumo in the area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Squidzilla,

I'm in Palm beach Gardens, and have seen a few sumo floating around, an Aprilla, another KTM, a Yamaha, and a Zuki.

PS keep me posted on the Port Salerno SeaFood Festival.

Jawn,

It might have been me! Not likely but I did a super slab run from Orlando to West Palm and back on my 05 KTM 525 EXC, call me crazy and yes I know the bike wasn't specifically designed for running 70-80 for long periods.

A

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xc,

I actually know some guys from Palm Beach. I go down there sometimes to watch OMR and his friends stunt on Thursday nights. Doesn't the seafood festival usually happen in the winter? Anyway, I'd be down for a ride if we could get some guys together. PB Gardens is only about an hour south of me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yo!

We got 4 winter birds down here for the week to ride. Planning a trip to the keys, riding out of port st lucie. We left our below freezing temps at home, and trying to get as far away from them as possible :thumbup:

We coudnt find much off road in our 90 mile ride today around the area. 2 of us did learn distanzias arent the greatest in soft sand :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts